Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jenny Don't Be Hasty

Trying to write a blog post with The Fratellis on top volume in your headphones is more difficult than you might think.

The boys get lonely after you leave.

So I've come to the conclusion that I need - it is necessary - for me to stop spending so much time and energy thinking about Alfie and to start putting that energy into more rewarding pursuits. Why, yes like shopping! How did you know? But also studying, since my part time hours started this week! Oh yeah baby! Oh yeah!

(She says as she slides in the Paolo Nutini CD.)

This does not mean that I am going to stop talking about Alfie. Sorry to get your hopes up. I also plan to be continuing the silly daydreams, like the one I had last night about seeing him on Christmas Day. SUCKER should be written on my forehead!

As I am oft bemoaning today, it is now a week since Alfie "asked me out" and he still hasn't suggested anything concrete. He began his new job this week so it is possible for me to convince myself that this is causing some distraction. The last text he sent me was about his new job and finished with the words: "Jude has arrived." I didn't text back and now I'm playing this stupid waiting game again which drives me nuts!

Grant my last request and just let me hold you.

Anyhoo. There has been more contact from Dedalus, and all kinds of plans have been made. I repeat: why is it so easy with everyone BUT Alfie? Have I just selected the most awkward person in the world to lust after or what?!

However much you want me I swear I'll make you want me more.

I may be speaking too soon on the Dedalus front anyway as he keeps leading the conversation towards "the past." I'm going to have to sit him down I think and, without being too aggressive about it, let him know that it's just not going to happen. I'm taken. And if I'm about to have an affair with anyone, well it's not with him! *cringe*

So, as I said, time and energy being spent on something else! Hmmm. Wish me luck.

No comments: