Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Waiting Game

This time last week (3 am) I was still with Alfie. We were probably lip locking right now. And for the next two hours. In 24 hours, I'll most likely be sitting at home after the Christmas party, crying, or blogging, or both. Hey, you never know, maybe at some point during the night something will click with me and I'll un-fall for him. That would be pretty convenient.

Time is a funny thing. I'm looking at it as significant but really it's totally arbitrary. What I did on Sunday at 12:57 is as relevant to what I'm doing now as my night with Alfie.

During our clinch, I told Alfie he'd have to wait for me. He said he'd been waiting five weeks (since we last went out). I said, we've only been out twice. He said 'but you've known me for a year.' I said, 'but you never even used to talk to me,' and he laughed. 'I didn't care,' I added, 'because I never used to like you,' and that made him laugh too. He'd objected earlier in the evening to my only liking him for two months when he'd worked with me since January.

I'm not sure what this post is about apart from the fact that I can't sleep. But tomorrow, as they say, is another day.

No comments: