Thursday, December 21, 2006

Jingle Bells

Yesterday was my last day of work before Christmas (hurrah!), so it is only right that I immediately caught a cold and am tapping away at my computer feeling like an extra from Night of the Living Dead rather than getting all my last minute shopping done. Okay, I admit I have just been for a mini shop but I only bought one present and the ugliest frickin' wrapping paper you have ever seen, which my boyfriend bought to wrap my presents with after I declared so. Go figure.

But back to yesterday. The 'Muffin and I were so sentimental about our last working day together (until January) that our boss ended up teasing us about our puppy dog looks and physical closeness ('put her down!') There's another one I'm having an affair with then I guess. We exchanged gifts at first break and he bought me a lovely pair of diamond earrings, which were exquisitely wrapped! Then after I'd been on a really boring job I came back downstairs to find a bottle of Malibu and bar of chocolate in my tray and a card from Lila, as a thank you for looking after her on Saturday! Sweet!

That put me in a really good Christmassy mood, but by the time I got home I felt awful and crawled into bed with How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I've mentioned before how much I love that film and I don't care who mocks me for it. Also, they sing You're So Vain in it so after my banter with Alfie it had to be done!

Oh, and 'Muffin wrote the loveliest message in my Christmas card, saying how it was also a thank you card, and including the lyrics to The Golden Girls theme tune! There surely is nobody else quite like him!

My message to him was equally soppy, however I did have reservations as to whether he'd be able to put it up at home.

'Muffin: Well why not?
Chica: Does your mum know what a mofo is?
'Muffin: Probably not, but she'll want to know!

Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

April said...

You blog more than anyone I know. How do you find the energy? Anyway, my email: newdorktimes@gmail.com

:)

April said...

P.S. I've sung "You're So Vain" karaoke and dedicated it to a jerk. :) It's quite gratifying.

Chica said...

The link is on the way!

I find that blogging about Alfie takes way less energy than thinking about Alfie. My blogging has more than doubled since I realised I liked him :P Pathetic!

In that case you have GOT to see that movie if you already havent! x

wondy woman said...

I love that you blog so regularly now, before sometimes I had to wait weeks for my Chica fix - promise it will always be this way whatever happens?

Oh and I love that movie! I was thinking about that scene with 'You're so Vain' when she changes the lyrics to incorporate his name. I love Kate, I think we've discussed her before.

Muffin is wonderful, does he have a brother?

Chica said...

Muffin is an only child - and it shows!! He's single and wants not to be though. Know any girls who love geeks?

I'm a crazy blogger now. I think I'm addicted. I blog, therefore I am. If a tree fell in the woods, and nobody blogged about it, would it make a sound? And more importantly, is it time for my meds yet?

x

wondy woman said...

Hey I love geeks sadly I am not allowed to feed this habit...

Dammit.