Friday, December 22, 2006

Holding Back the Humbug

Today, I have mostly been: wrapping presents.


Ta-dah! Sadly, I don't have any spectacular surprises to spring on the Boyf like last year's kayak, and he knows about most of his gifts this year. Largely because it's mainly clothing that I had to get him to try on. But still, I hope he will be pleased with his pressies. A kayak would not fit under our new tree anyways.


I'm not massively impressed with the tree this year. But I do like our new angel at the top. It's my job to put the angel on. I've been doing it since I was yea high to a grasshopper. One day if I have kids I might let them do it. Until then, that bitch is mine.

I am so tempted to get Alfie something it's quite ridiculous. I even know what I would buy him. Nothing amazing but just something. I won't even see him over Christmas, and maybe ever again. I guess I'm a chump.

Only one more gift to buy (for mum) and some pretty cards to give a couple of people money in and then I am dunzo. I even finally finished off the Chrimbo decs, and put up some (but not all) of my cards.


Pride of place on top of the telly is 'Muffin's card! I even watched some of Santa Claus the Movie today while I was wrapping! A glass of Baileys and it will be Christmas!

This year is going to be pretty strange as my family is a bit fragmented and even Boyf has to go to his mums. I'm not so much looking forward to Christmas Day as Christmas Eve. Christmas dinner is going to suck a little I think. Then a few more days and the Boyf and I will be running off to France for New Year. I'll try and get it up for that at a later date :P

By the way I still haven't been to see The Holiday. I'm thinking I must drag Boyf to the Odeon for Christmas Eve? If I can't have Alfie for Christmas, I'm having Jude Law!

3 comments:

wondy woman said...

Your tree is gorgeous my friend, very traditonal and old skool, I love it.

Boyf is a lucky bunny too, hope he knows it x

Chica said...

Ta chick, it's a pre-lit fake though, sacrilege!

I figure I owe Boyf :P x

MJ said...

Exactly my darling. Why have cotton when you can have silk?

Our tree is fantastic! How could you say such a thing! I spent hours with that lametta!

We will get through Christmas babe. We'll make it special in our own way.

Or we'll get drunk and dance to Wham.

Love you.