Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas. Discuss.

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas. Here's my quick recap: cool presents, though not a single pair of earrings, good food, people missing, yucky yucky cough medicine, more Mybug than I was bargaining for, morning text from Alfie signed 'lots of love x.'

Let's expand on those points. I know it's terrible of me to list these first, hello Material Girl, but the presents, they are the main feature of our family Christmas. We start opening on Christmas Eve, then at about 2 in the morning we call time, go to bed, and resume once we're all collected in the living room with cups of tea. Then the clan descends with more presents to exchange and we end up with about six rubbish bags full of wrapping paper.

So as naff as this sounds, my top 5 presents: D&G watch, gorgeous boots I picked out myself, GHD straighteners, Beyonce tickets, some nice lingerie I immediately imagined wearing for Alfie - bad, bad Chica.

Beyonce tickets people!! Ring that alarm!

Zero earrings, apart from the pair 'Muffin bought me. I thought that since I only had my ears pierced for the first time six weeks ago, that I would be inundated with the things. But not a single pair. It's possibly a good thing. I was just surprised, since people say they never know what to get me and that was the obvious choice.

Food. My mum cooked. Beautiful. We had a great Christmas dinner but we also had a champagne breakfast which was very civilised. We are normally so busy we don't get to eat until the main meal of the day, but this year we made time and it was lovely. Although, I think some people may have been anxious to get it over with. My niece Pebbles was like: "Can we do the presents now?!" as soon as she had finished the last bite.

A few of our family traditions have had to be adjusted due to some things that happened last year, so for parts of the day people who would usually be present were absent. Our family is a little fragmented and on days like Christmas Day you can really feel it. Plus, I really missed Puppy. And Boyf had to go to his mothers, which normally doesn't happen. Mostly, I missed my sister coming for dinner, though we did get to see her in the morning for our champagne breakfast.

I haven't had to take cough medicine since I was about 5 years old, but I have this awful cough and sore throat that keeps me awake all night. Yesterday, Boyf went to find an open chemist and returned with some drugs, including this really horrible cough medicine that I have to drink. Ick. Due to the sick, I spent yesterday watching Buffy DVDs and the Take That concert. Memories!! This does mean however that I am not scooping up any bargains in the sales this year. Which is poo.

I got a fair few texts from friends on Christmas Day wishing me a Merry Christmas, the first of whom was 'Muffin :) I managed to hold out and not text Alfie, so I was quite proud of myself. I also refrained from running out and buying him any presents. I probably would have cracked and text him on Christmas Day, because at the end of the day he is kind of my friend and I wanted to wish him a good day. But by eleven o'clock he'd text me so I was happy. I didn't reply until about 3 o'clock and haven't heard anything since. But I was pleased he'd bothered to text me at all and I know he likes spending time with his nephew on Christmas Day. We talked about him when we went out and it was the most unguarded I have ever seen him.

I also got a Merry Christmas message from Mybug. I was surprised because I don't really expect straight guys to think of things like that. I replied and said I hoped he got lots of nice presents under the tree. He replied 'Unfortunately none of them was you x.' Then at about one in the morning, after he'd clearly had a few drinks, he started texting me again. He wasn't even waiting for replies but kept texting stuff like 'I think you are so beautiful x x.' (I so need him to give Alfie some tips.)

Mybug: A good day, missing your sexy ass though, am badly pished x x
Chica: Ha I can tell! Missing my sexy ass? You haven't seen it for about 6 months! Are you out at the mo? x
Mybug: Yeah in party. I assume it's something that would still make me stop in my tracks x
Mybug: I think you are so beautiful x x
Chica: Yep you are defo pissed! Didn't think beer goggles worked unless you were there in person but there you go!
Mybug: Beer goggles, my ass you're a fittie! Trust me you rock. Are you out thursday? X

He invited me to a party but I leave for France on Thursday. The next day he text me and apologised for being rude and said he would make it up to me with some 'well deserved sweetness', but I assured him I'd heard a lot worse and thought he was funny.

Christmas Day was absolutely knackering, I'm still really tired and I can't believe I have to get myself together for travelling tomorrow! We are spending the New Year in our French village. It's just me and the Boyf going so we will get a lot of time together. I'm both happy and nervous about that. I will really miss MJ on New Years Eve for a start. And I will have to wish you all a very Happy New Year now because even though Wondy managed to blog from Thailand, there is one internet cafe in the surrounding towns of our French village, and I have never ever seen it open!

Oh, and do you remember I bought Alfie's cologne and didn't know what to do with it? I gave it to Boyf (I know! But hello, I couldn't keep my hands off him! Even my sister said he smelled gorgeous.) MJ also got it for Christmas. When Boyf opened it, he asked if Alfie or 'Muffin wore it. They actually both wear it but I just mumbled that I didn't know. Luckily he said he really liked it, but MJ broke all possible tension by announcing: "All Chica's bitches wear it!"

Love. Him.

Hope you've all enjoyed the holidays so far, Happy New Year! May all your wishes come true in 2007 xxx

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

Have the most wonderful New Year - I miss you already!