Sunday, December 24, 2006

What's It All About?

It's Christmas Eve Day!! Christmas Eve is my favourite part of Christmas. It's the slice of time we get to ourselves before the extended relatives descend upon us, bringing the madness with them. By midnight, we are opening presents - I know, I think Santa must hit our house first or something? And, when the turkey is cooked, we have hot turkey and stuffing sandwiches. Sometimes a glass of champagne. We stay up really late creating a mountain of discarded wrapping paper, and much laughter is had by all.

Yesterday, since I am still sick and could not face the chores I now have to do today, I had a movie day. I watched, in order, Five Children and It (Eddie Izzard if you please!), The Nightmare Before Christmas, Alfie, and In Her Shoes. Then I couldn't sleep all night because of this cough and this dilemma: when should I, if at all, text my Alfie?

Now, since I have watched the movie, I have the ideal opportunity to text and tease him about it, but, BUT, I was thinking I should wait and see if he bothers to text me over Christmas. However, if he doesn't I will read all kinds of shizz into that, when really maybe he doesn't feel like he should bother me when I am with my boyfriend? He doesn't know I'm a crazy bitch who thinks about him non-stop, and could possibly feel he was encroaching on my space? Or, do men even think of these things at all? Does the should I/shouldn't I wheel of indecision even enter their brains? Or do they just do whatever the hell they feel like?

I know I said I wasn't going to pursue him any more, you giving me the eyes there at the back. So maybe I shouldn't text at all unless he does. But I really want him to. I am just dying to kiss him again. And since he made the effort with all the emails and everything, would he feel like I'm not making the effort, so why should he?

You see, it's hard work being a crazy bitch.
Plans for today include: still trying to get that last minute present for my mum (there's always one isn't there?), finally going to see The Holiday - more Jude, Jude overload could push me into a text (by the way if any of you are wondering what Alfie's sexy look looks like, it looks pretty much like Alfie's sexy look here) - then having a nice soak in the bath and possibly a glass of Baileys, putting on some new Christmas pyjamas, and settling in for the fun.
Enjoy the festivities people!

3 comments:

wondy woman said...

Have the best ever Christmas Chicken and don't beat yourself up too much about Alfie, what will be will be and all that jazz.

x x x

Any chance that sounded mysterious and as though I actually know what I am talking about?

April said...

Hope you had a nice Christmas!!

Chica said...

Thanks girls, hope you both had a great Christmas and that you enjoy New Years.

The Alfie stuff is okay. I'm embracing the drama ;) You gotta make a fool of yourself for love at least once in your life right? Even if you fall flat on your face. At least I have you lovely lot to keep me sane! xx