Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Trout Pout

Oh my God. My bottom lip has swollen to the size of a basketball. Okay, I may be using a bit of hyperbole there, but what the bejesus is that about? Am I being punished? The party is Saturday! I have three days for my body to cure itself, or the last time Alfie sees me I will look like Jackie Stallone!

Giz a kiss!

Nooooooo.

I actually called into work sick. I was advised by my friend Calico to 'rest my face' in the hopes of a miracle, and I don't need to be worrying about 'stupid things like your job at a time like this!' My glands are up and I do feel sick but that is nothing compared to the fact that I look like I have a botched collagen job going on and can't speak properly.

Not happening.

Alfie is bad for me in so many ways... Yes I am blaming this on him.

4 comments:

MJ said...

Oh. Fuck.

Is there any chance of making it a masquerade ball?

Right. #1. You need to CHILL. Cos you are making yourself sick. #2 you've got days for it to go down. Don't panic yet. #3. It may be a good thing if you can't kiss him. As long as you can disguise it you can pretend you are being cool and aloof, tease him and get him to ask you on another date.

We'll work on the details laters. I'll make you a cuppa my love!

April said...

That picture is hilarious.

Anyway, do you think Benadryl would help your lip? Is it just an allergic reaction to something? Or does this always happen when you're sick?

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Go to the doctor dude. Check it out before it swallows your head!!!

My guess, though, is that it will go down all on it's own any minute now.

Chica said...

Hi April! I think it's a coldsore, but it doesn't look like one. It's just a big lump on my bottom lip. Like a bee sting or something. How gross! I go on one date and I have oral herpes? Nice!!

Haha, you're hilarious Heather! But infinitely more confident than me.

MJ, you've seen it. You know the extent of the problem. And yet you still believe I could get him to ask me on another date. Your positivity knows no bounds!

I need that luck April, and Heather I hope you're right!! xxx