Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hell No

A spot of tough talking via text has occurred since my last post. I replied to Alfie and mentioned that his mate had offered me some advice, which prompted this:

Alfie: Ha. What did he say?

Chica: He had a few pearls of wisdom. Among them was that I should tell you to stop being such a dickhead. I quite like him actually.

Alfie: Ha. And why have I been a dickhead then x

Chica: I think you know why. Everyone else does. I'm not bothered except you made me look like one. I'm not asking for promises but I would ask not to be treated like a prostitute. And if you make a joke about not paying for it you are officially an eight year old.

Alfie: Ha. I don't know what to say hun x

(Could there BE a more infuriating response than this?)

Chica: Considering I'm meant to be the quiet one you have surprisingly little to say for yourself. How about sorry? Don't play games with me, I'm not at school anymore and I've been more than honest with you. I realise this is the kind of shit you don't want but if you act like that I'm gonna call you on it and you should respect that.

Alfie: Look I am sorry if I have upset you. I don't know what I done but I didn't upset you deliberately. I don't know how I treated you like a prostitute. But I'm sorry if I did.

Chica: Really? Your own mate was giving me a bloody lecture about respect. Come on now, don't be silly. Anyway, spoke to Lila before, glad to hear she's still alive x

I figured the worst thing that could happen was he'd think I was a psycho having a major overreaction and never speak to me again. But I would rather that and nip this sort of thing in the bud than play along with his stupid games all docile and coquettish and turning a blind eye. Because even if by some miracle we got together one day he would still be pulling this shit. You teach people how to treat you and he cannot think that last night was okay. Plus, in the last text I've posted I defused the tension and we started talking about more normal things. I teased him about the really bad picture of him on my Flickr and he said he'd look in the morning. Then I got this:

Alfie: Oh my God. Couldn't wait. You have to delete it.

Chica: Nooo, it's too good! Though I am open to bribes... Ha, I'm looking at it now, is that chest wig from the David Hasselhoff line?

Alfie: Just noticed that myself. Not good.

Chica: Ha. When I'm signed in I can see who has viewed certain photos and I can tell you have only bothered looking at ones with you in them. ALFIE! x

Alfie: Well of course I looked at myself. I am Alfie.

Could this be the worst candidate for a boyfriend in the world? Enough. Enough now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am terribly proud of you for saying what you should have. Yay Chica!

wondy woman said...

Yeah me too, you go girl, well proud of you!

He's such a twat.

MJ said...

Your reply to his lame 'dont know what to say' msg should have been short and sweet. Like this: fuck off and die.

I hate him more every day. Flings are meant to be fun! Youre fucking miserable!

And HOW DOES THIS GUY LOVE HIMSELF SO MUCH? Has he met himself?

April said...

Is anyone allowed to look at the pictures? Is it blatantly obvious where to look and I'm missing it?

Anyway, good for you, standing up for yourself!