Saturday, December 09, 2006

Love Fool

We met for drinks. He was waiting for me outside the bar when I arrived. I was five minutes late. Or eight minutes, according to him. He tapped his watch as I approached him. I laughed and kissed him on the cheek. We went inside and I bought him a sangria for making him wait, but then he wouldn't let me pay for anything else. (Points!) I went totally prepared to go Dutch though.

So. We chatted for a bit and it was going pretty well. He told me about his new job, and the lack of hotties. His best friend called him, and he talked about me. He told him that he'd have to go because he was with a hot lady who was checking him out and he was being rude. He asked me where I was 'officially'. I told him my (as it turned out, rubbish) cover story. I asked him where he was officially. He said, here. I asked who with. He said, "you... or, 'a girl I used to work with'."

We moved on to a bar of his choice - his usual haunt. There was a queue outside. He walked to the front and we got straight in. A girl started to complain in the queue. The bouncer told her we were members. He knows everyone there. It sounds so school-girlish, but I felt kind of good that he took me there as his date so openly. We had a drink at the bar and then he got us a table and a bottle of wine, to usher in a new depth of drunkenness. And, correspondingly, flirtation. And a lot of giggling.

At midnight we went downstairs into the club. We had a few dances and a few more drinks. Then my sister text me asking if I still wanted a lift. I text her back and told her I'd get a taxi since it was getting late. Alfie took the phone from me and sent her a message saying he'd look after me and put me in a taxi. My sister sent him some funny messages telling him to take care of me cos I'm extra special and to watch his hands. And telling him that he was a PLAYER. She referred to him as bro.

Then Alfie asked me back to his place. I said no. He said nothing would happen, we'd just have kisses. I said no. He said he'd call me a taxi from his house. I said I needed to go home. We left the club and started walking towards his place, trying to flag down a taxi. We walked together arm in arm, laughing and talking. It was easy. I paid for a taxi to his and he invited me inside. We stumbled in (I'm really drunk at this stage) through the door and up the stairs to his bedroom in the attic. He put on the Paolo Nutini CD and unbuttoned his shirt.


We had some kisses and rolled around on his bed for a bit. We whispered things to each other. I teased him. He did a lot of hair pulling, which was weird. Then I said I'd better go. He pointed out that it was half past five in the morning. He asked me to stay until seven and he'd drive me home. He pulled me close to him and put his arms around me. We fell asleep.

I woke up with a start at about eight fifteen. My first thought? Oh, shit. I hid my head under the covers for a second. Then I jumped up, checked my phone. 25 missed calls. 5 text messages. 3 voicemails.

Alfie took me home.

Should not have gone back to his place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm not sure what to tell you. Are you alright? Where will things go from here?

I'm here if you need me, and I hope you feel alright.

wondy woman said...

Me too, Chick - I do hope everything is ok - maybe this is a good thing though, to get Alfie out of your system?

Take it easy and be happy x x

Chica said...

Thank you ladies. I'm fine. I'm stupid, but I'm fine! x

*hugs*