Monday, November 06, 2006

Secretary

I know I promised I wouldn't, but I've since had requests, and I've also been advised to delete these messages off my phone, which I don't think I can bear to do, so this is just in case I have to at a moments notice :P

After our morning break today, Himself came down and told me he'd texted me and I should go and get my phone. I talked to him a little bit (like, a sentence) and then picked my phone up out of my drawer, at which point he looked all shy, so I didn't read it in front of him. I took my book trolley to collect some things from the shelves and smuggled the phone out with me. It said: How about that meeting in my office? I, thinking he was just repeating the chat up lines of the weekend, quickly replied with a huge smile on my face.

Chica: You're all talk x
H: My office is empty
C: Are you tryna get me in trouble? I'm on holds, first floor is next on my list x
H: Ha. See you soon

When I got that empty office message, I nearly fell over. I ran and put some lipstick on and checked my hair in the mirror. Once there, however, it was hella awkward. I asked what I could do for him and he just laughed. We just kept looking at each other and laughing. I was the most nervous and blushing rather furiously at first but on looking back I have to say I went in there and actually tried to talk, while he invited me there and didn't really have a clue what he'd do if I came. We talked about job interviews. And a little about Saturday night. I said we'd crossed a line. He said nothing really happened and nothing would happen anyway. On my way out (I was running late with the job I was meant to be doing) I said, "So is that your final answer? Nothing can happen?" He looked surprised and said that 'Muffin had told him I wouldn't do anything. He asked me if I wanted something to happen. I said I didn't know and that I'd speak to him about it when I wasn't on the clock. But, once I got outside, I cracked and sent him a text. And then they just kept on coming until lunch time, when I had to sit opposite him in a room full of people, in torment.

C: ('Muffin's real name) has a high opinion of me x
H: And what exactly would you like to happen
C: Well I would simply like to get to know you better x
H: Is that in a 'get to know you better ;-)' kind of way
C: Well I would like you half naked and tied to an office chair really but I gotta start somewhere
H: Now that sounds like a plan
C: Haha, won't be able to look you in the face now x
H: I just want to know why I'm only half naked
C: Helps with balance x
H: The quiet ones are always the worst
C: I'll let you into a secret; I'm not really quiet, it's all a charade. You'll come to know this if you get to know me better ;) Have fun teaching x
H: Is that a 'get to know you' in a 'tied to an office chair' type of way

I'm totally freaking out about things with him now in a way I've never freaked out before. I hate that he knows how much I like him because I think that will be a major turn off. I just don't know what to do next. How do I get him to ask me out? Or should I just leave the ball in his court now? And, should I text him a 'good luck sexy' text in the morning for his job interview or not?

3 comments:

wondy woman said...

Totally, text him that in a casual way and then leave the next step up to him. Good call, girl!

wondy woman said...

Ps. I like him, he sounds like a witty guy and there is nothing sexier than a bit of banter...

Chica said...

Yup, sexy is his forte.

Think he really is all talk though you know, he was a bit stumped when I called his bluff :P x