Monday, November 27, 2006

I Don't Want a Lover

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

Was on a stupid course today about how to change the way you feel by attaching a different meaning to an action that might trigger a negative response in you. So, when Himself, known from now on as Alfie because Himself is just too problematic grammatically, and therefore in the spirit of progress: when Alfie doesn't bother to text back it is not because omigod he hates me he's totally lost interest but because he's out there having a life while I'm sitting waiting on his text message.

Yeah, that makes me feel so much better.

Okay. Note to Chica: get a life.

This week is my last full week at work. Next week I cut down to three days so I need to start thinking about how best to spend my study time.

I have tons of shopping to do this week, and a meeting with Dedalus to look forward to. I have to say I am super curious about that, but not entirely... I dunno. Convinced. I've been thinking a lot recently about friendship and what it means and who my real friends are. I do want to catch up with him and wish him well and everything but he's already let me down in the past. Is there a point? I get to the stage with some people where I just want to stop trying like I feel they have.

Maybe I will.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Quite frankly I'm surprised you need more friends in your life when you've got me!

How could anyone compare?!

I love you xxx