Thursday, November 02, 2006

Part Time Lover

In the morning, I'm going to be interviewed for my own job. Well, half my own job. I've applied to go part time. I am the only candidate. Yet I have to be interviewed. Boy, they just love to make things complicated for us at work.

Was tempted to wear my pencil skirt, but Himself isn't in in the mornings so trousers it is :P

The annoying thing is, even though I've been told that it's going to be really informal and unless I tell my boss to fuck off I'll get it (by my boss), I only found out today and I feel really underprepared. Which is why I'm off swotting interview techniques, picking out a smart outfit and practising my responses to the questions I think are coming and not listening to really loud music in my earphones and writing inane blog posts right now...

Saturday is fast approaching and I'm beginning to feel sick with nerves. I still need a bag and shoes, space on my camera, an instant tan, the right hairstyle, and for the temperature to go up to at least a few degrees above zero please. Goosebumps are not a good look.

I'm thinking the night is going to pretty much be a catastrophe. If I don't end up with mascara running down my face wishing for Boyf to come and rescue me then I will be very surprised. I can really see it's a disaster in the making and I've noone to blame but myself. I can't back out because of 'Muffin and I'm also morbidly curious about what will happen.

Today at work I spoke to him a little bit. He came and spoke to me and a couple of coworkers for a bit while we were revising shelves. He asked me how I was feeling since he knows I've been off sick and I looked dog rough. I accused him of burning down the Staff Room as on one of the days I was off sick he made toast and set the fire alarms off and the whole building was evacuated. He blamed another person who was also making toast for not watching his toast while he bought hot chocolate. I teased him about it for a while, then we were talking about Saturday. I showed him the picture of my niece's dress. Before I showed him I was like "Don't make me regret showing you this, it's my niece, don't be pervy!"

Himself: God, hasn't she got big boobs for a 17 year old!
'Muffin: Must run in the family mustn't it?
Chica: *two finger salute*
Himself: Well would you rather I say that about your niece or perv on yours?
Chica: I'm saying nothing.

I walked away. I could feel my face glowing. But apparently it didn't show and 'Muffin complimented me on the way I handled it; he said the way I walked away was great and I was very calm and blase about the whole thing. (This is why I love the boy.)

If I hadn't been turning a shade of lobster, I would've liked to have said something a bit more... leading. Something along the lines of "You don't strike me as a boob man..." and then went on to describe what I thought was his type - since I know in detail from 'Muffin. Surely my accuracy would have astounded him and he could immediately see that I was the girl he'd been searching for, the girl who knew exactly what he wanted?!

Gah. Believe it or not the crush is waning slightly but still there enough for me to blush furiously every time he speaks to me. Seriously, he must think I have a problem. We were talking about how difficult it is to chat someone up who you actually like too. I felt like I had a fucking big arrow over my head.

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

It will be fine darling, don't worry - you'll handle it as well as you always do and get it over with in style. You will look amazing and full of grace as you always do and there will be no drama at all, I'm sure.

Can't wait to hear it all!