Saturday, November 04, 2006

Russell Brand vs. The Sun

I wouldn't say I was Russell Brand's biggest fan but he really shone at Amnesty International's The Secret Policeman's Ball. He and The Mighty Boosh were by far the best acts I thought (and Eddie was there, so that's saying something!) I would've posted a clip of TMB's dramatic piece of theatre, "Pies", but I couldn't find one so here is Brand for you. Check out that hair! Hope he manages to make it fashionable, I could dispense with the straighteners then and look de rigeur first thing in the morning!

My admiration for this bit of stand up may also have something to do with the fact that I also fucking hate the sorry excuse for journalism that is The Sun. Justice for the 96.

4 comments:

wondy woman said...

Can't believe I missed the Boosh. Can you find a Boosh clip on Youtube and post that? I'd love you forever and let you be bridesmaid at my wedding to Vince Noir?

Not that I won't love you forever anyway... x x x

wondy woman said...

Sorry love just re-read the post and realised you've already covered this - d'oh!

Apologies, and indeed 'pies' x x

Chica said...

They were so good Wondy! I'll try Youtube again in a few days, maybe one will have surfaced!

Only if I get to wear pastel pink tafetta! x

"Why you bring me piiiieeees?"

wondy woman said...

I love the Boosh so much have been watching it on my PSP at night to get to sleep in the heat.

I. Suck.

xx x x x x