Thursday, March 30, 2006

Comfortably Numb

How do you do, I see you're reading Heat?

Yesterday we went to Manchester, did a bit of shopping, had dinner at Tiger Tiger, and on to the MEN Arena to see Aussie Pink Floyd. I bought the Boyf tickets to this event for his birthday, but some were surprised to learn he was a fan:

Boyf: I'm off to see Aussie Pink Floyd tomorrow.
Mate: You're into Pink Floyd?
Boyf: Yeah.
Mate: I didn't know you smoked weed.
Boyf: .........I don't.

Yeah, I think the smoke machines were getting a little help at the gig. The first half was rubbish as I didn't know any of the songs and was bored off my head. I wasn't the only one - a guy a few rows ahead of us fell asleep. Mouthy bloke behind him yelled "Come on we're falling asleep here, look at him!" as they broke into Time and a gazillion alarm clocks went off. This is the point where it got good. Best bits were everyone singing along to Wish You Were Here, the female vocalist doing Clare Torry's screechy bit - I mean, 'the evocative wordless vocals' - on The Great Gig in the Sky, and a giant inflatable pink kangaroo getting rapturous applause. Worst bits were the ten to twenty minute instrumentals - *snooze* - and that they had a really early interval just when everyone had arrived. Other notables were them playing the intro to Neighbours and Prisoner Cell Block H (the Aussie bit, see?) and the beginning of Another Brick in the Wall. It was fun, but once is enough.

2 comments:

MJ said...

You went there instead of me and you had the cheek to be bored?

Jealous!

MJ said...

Oh and you can tell J to tell his friend I don't smoke weed either thanks!