Friday, March 24, 2006

Ode to Paris

In response to my post on Feng Shui in action, MJ said:

"Remember that teeny denim outfit you had? I don't think you were ever brave enough to wear the bra top, it was like an homage to Paris Hilton. Hun, you were way before your time!"

Witness the horror that was my fashion sense at the age of 16 in the year one thousand nine hundred and ninety eight. Those are rosebuds appliqued on there. Pink ones.
The tape measure is there for purposes of scale, and is at 12 inches. And no I never ever ever wore the bra top!

Just for the record, I'd like you to know that my sister aided and abetted me in that purchase. It goes without saying I looked like this in it:

No, I don't mean the cow, cheeky!

Hanging on to clothes from when I was 16 is the reason I am having a garment overflow crisis. But getting rid of stuff isn't as easy as I at first thought. Here is an edited version of MJ's attempts to help me chuck out the chintz.

MJ: Why don't you just store all the clothes you hardly wear in the storage boxes under your bed?
Chica: Now why didn't I think of that... because they're full.
MJ: Of what?
Chica: Um, clothes.
MJ: They're in there too?!

Chica: What about this jumper? Shall I chuck it?
MJ: Oh don't ask me this is too hard!
Chica: I wore it twice three years ago.
MJ: But it's so pretty!

Last night's labours have resulted in a bin bag full of clothes and one empty drawer. One! I gave it to Boyf, so am back at square one! Yeah, this is so worth it...

I'm glad I'm Team Richie these days.

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

I am so Team Richie too!