Monday, March 20, 2006

Who, What, When, Where, Why?

I am seriously considering going back to uni to do journalism. Scary eh? I consider lots of things like this all the time - if you just ask Guillermo, in the past few weeks I have bought and sold a house, moved to a desert island, and gone part time at work all in my little old head. But this journalism thing is something I keep coming back to. Writing is what I want to do with my life. But the only decent course I can find in Liverpool is an undergraduate one where you get loads of work experience too, but I'd have to do it part time and keep working, so it would take me five years. You do realise that in five years I will be not 21? Then I thought, I've always known I wanted to be a writer, why the bejesus (I said that word in church yesterday, incidentally) didn't I take it the first time? Then I remembered: I had decided that I couldn't be a journalist because I wasn't confident enough. At eighteen, I let that hold me back. *Insert International Gesture for What-Am-I-Going-To-Do-With-You?*

Maybe I should ask my tutor about it! You know, after I do some work for his course, naturally!

No comments: