Thursday, March 02, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Today it is snowing in Liverpool! The snow always seems to just miss us, so I was chuffed to see everything covered in white this morning when I peeked through a crack in my blinds. I was less chuffed when I had to tiptoe to work through sludge and ice and arrived 2 minutes late, but if the snow sticks around over the weekend then it will all be worth it. Yeah, I know it probably won't, but a girl can dream can't she?

Just as an aside, remember those slacking tips I mentioned just yesterday? You'd think since it was on my mind I'd have spotted a golden opportunity when it was staring me in the face and instead of rushing to be a paltry two minutes late, had an hours lie in and been properly late since it's registered on the clock either way. The excuses in such weather are boundless and everyone else was bloody late, why oh why didn't I think of that eh? I'm a failure as a slacker! I'm so ashamed...

Anyway, after my precarious and slow journey to work, trying desperately not to fall over and break my ass, I arrived to find Lila and Jojo rolling around having a snowball fight while the manager watched them in amusement!


I just cannot wait to go home and play in the snow (if it hasn't all melted away by then...)

And since I pass my boyfriend's street every morning on the way to the busstop, I nipped down it and left a little message for him in the snow at the end of his path. An I HEART U. His dad noticed it first and when the Boyf was carrying his toolbox down the drive called out 'Chica's wrote I love you in the snow,' at which point my boyfriend swung his toolbox around and dented his car! So he called me on the bus to both thank me for such a romantic gesture and blame me for damaging his beloved vehicle. Ah well, you can't win them all eh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that building pictured? It looks like Darth Vader's Summer home!

It was -20C yesterday when I left work, the coldest it's been this Winter. We haven't had much snow this year, in fact up until about mid January it was on the plus side. Anything above 0C feels balmy this time of year.

Oh yeah guess who is here today? Sir Paul McCartney, here to wag his finger at some fishermen. He had the plane stop far from the terminal so he could sneak off. Only that meant the other passengers had to walk a couple of hundred feet face-first into -20C wind to get to the gate entrance >:| which on any other day they would have parked the plane right next to, and a short run to the covered gate. A little arrogant making elderly passengers walk that far in that weather.

Chica said...

It's Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral, and according to www.liverpoolcathedral.org.uk:

- The largest Anglican cathedral in Europe
- The largest cathedral in Britain
- The 2nd largest Anglican cathedral in the world
- The 5th largest cathedral in the world
- The largest working church organ in the world (over 9,750 pipes)
- The highest (219 feet/67m) and heaviest (31 tons) ringing peal of church bells in the world
- The highest gothic arches ever built @ 175ft

That's some pipes I tell ya!

Silly old Paul McCartney, everyone knows Ringo is the best! x