Monday, March 06, 2006

Ice Breaker

So the snow didn't exactly last out over the weekend, but it did fall enough on Friday night for us to build a most excellent snowman in the park on Saturday and watch the ducks skating around on the frozen pond; we bought hot chocolate and I promptly burnt my tongue - it still hurts a little bit! I actually got up early to make the most of the snow, and then I couldn't sleep in on Sunday morning either so I am not my usual rested self this Monday. Our snowman bit the dust even before we'd left the park though, as on our third circuit of the Hall somebody had rolled it into the bushes and its crumpled head marked the spot where he'd stood. Not before we saw somebody taking its photo though :) The Boyf and I also had some fun in a powdery snowball fight.

Puppy waddled around in the park yesterday in his new jumper, and we also bought him a new harness and some bling - a bone-shaped ID tag with his name and phone number on in case he ever gets lost. Cute! Then I watched Turner and Hooch and cried at the ending :(

We also celebrated MJ's birthday, but in an effort to prompt a blog post out of him I'm leaving all that stuff out! Oh except to say that we ate tapas again on Saturday and are getting quite the expert orderers (we're such foodie people), and I wore my new very smart jeans, white shirt, and heels that hurt A LOT! But they're so pretty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a new geneology website (very new! if that phrase is possible) in the form of a "wiki", in other words people browsing it can alter the page. The website WikiTree is supposed to let you add info about you and your family and gradually it will all combine and you can see distant relatives. If it really gets going maybe large parts of humanity will show relationships with each other; from the looks of it that is a goal of the project.

It was mentioned on digg.com so now it's being pounded by many a geek. You may have to wait a day or two to view it before things settle down.

- David