Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wading in the Shallows

I have a couple of things to get off my chest:

1) Remember this? Well, I'm sitting at that desk right now looking at those doors. There is a reason office relationships are frowned upon. Every corridor holds a memory, perching like a little gremlin full of mirth at my evident discomfort and longing. Bittersweet nostalgia haunts me in my working hours. Imagine if he still worked here. I know an office flirtation might be a fun diversion in an otherwise dull expanse of time, but when you actually fall for someone and it doesn't work out... well, it's just not worth it. And if I ever felt a little crush creeping up on me again, I would do all in my power to suppress it like I managed to for ages with Alfie.

I'm trying to work towards a very sort of Buddhist, yogic, deep breathing, forgive the world, hug a tree, love thy neighbours screaming child, inhale a cactus... wait, scrap that last one, attitude of acceptance and gratitude for the times we had. Let's face it, I never thought the dude would look at me twice and if I hadn't gone for it then he wouldn't even have given me a cursory glance on his way out on his last day. I know I'm making more out of this than needs be but I was willing to give up everything for this guy even though I knew he didn't deserve it and wouldn't fully appreciate it. That's going to take some getting over. Bear with me. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

2) Bad hair day in the worst way. My hairdresser has been in Australia for six weeks. My hair, it pays the price. And I still haven't fixed on a colour. I'm so in need of a new look right now.

2 comments:

April said...

Sounds like you've been pretty down lately. Sometimes you just have to suffer through it. I'm sure things will start looking up again soon.

And good luck finding a new color. Why does hair have to be so difficult?

Chica said...

Thanks for the advice April. Yeah I agree, I am just riding it out at the moment. Worse things happen at sea and all that.

I have never coloured my hair and I'm really worried I'm going to fuck it up royally! xx