Saturday, January 27, 2007

Chin Up

Gah, my boyfriend is annoying the crap outta me. Is it awful that I completely enjoyed being alone last night? I liked being able to do whatever I wanted without deferring to somebody else or checking to make sure he was properly entertained, and I even enjoyed cooking and eating alone, which I usually hate. Then he came home at 1 am drunk as a skunk, with this horrible mask of a face he gets when he's really hammered, and I just felt immediately harangued and stressed out. This morning, I got up, and he'd eaten the last of everything. He had the television blaring in the living room and was asleep on the couch. I made him some tea, tidied up the kitchen, and switched on the heating because the house was freezing. Meanwhile, he goes upstairs, snaffles the duvet off my bed and climbs back under it onto the couch watching The Discovery Channel.

So now I am annoyed and blogging in my bedroom to get away from the noise of the TV, I'm hungry, and I'm cold because he has my duvet, and he switched the radiator off in my room!

In other news, I just took Goldberg's depression test online - it popped up on the MSN homepage, don't worry - and while I really don't think clickable tests you take in your pyjamas drinking coffee are especially credible, it's kind of worrying that on this scale, I scored a 70.

0 - 9 Depression unlikely
10 - 17 Possibly minor depression
18 - 21 On the verge of depression
21 - 35 Minor to moderate depression
36 - 53 Moderate to severe depression
54+ Severe depression

You have the symptoms of severe depression. The condition seems to cause serious problems in your everyday life, and you should consult your doctor immediately. Your boyfriend is obviously taking the piss while the man you really desire is out of your reach. You probably work in a dead end job and are being ignored by the tutor who is supposed to be mentoring you. Sucks to be you, love.

PS You are in danger of becoming a whiny cow permanently. Suggested treatment: Wondy gives you her new shoes.

Okay, I feel better now. I think I'll go buy some groceries, do my nails, try out my GHD straighteners and get ready for a night on the tiles. Heck, I might even go for a run. That'll show him!

2 comments:

MJ said...

You are the funniest depressed person I know.

I really miss you. I'm dying out here. I wish I was going out with you tonight. Make sure you do, by the way, and go to Alfie's place looking smokin' hot with your 0.7!

Text you later gorgeous.

wondy woman said...

They are yours!!