Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

The film was great. Will Smith is excellent and his kid is super cute. Inspirational stuff and all very well acted. Treated with bathos which is very effective and there are some touching and funny parts all done with subtlety. I'd recommend it, unless you're in the mood for a fast paced thriller, because it's quite slow and doesn't have much action. I really enjoyed it.

The company was quite good as well. I'm still a bit unsure but it is nice meeting up with Dedalus and reminds me of my uni days. He also said he was sorry for being such a crap mate and that that was what he'd meant to say the other day over coffee but he didn't express it very well. He said it wouldn't happen again. He may very well be full of shit though as he said that he thought I looked like an actress from 24. I don't watch it so he assured me it was a compliment and I said I'd go home and Google it and it better not be Pat Butcher. I'm pretty sure that when a guy tells you that you look like this, when you know you are actually closer to resembling Pat Butcher there are ulterior motives at work. But I cannot be bothered worrying about that right now.

What would make me happy right now is if my dissertation was finished. I have an appointment with my tutor on Thursday and I think maybe he'll bitch slap me into shape. Will probably be meeting up with Dedalus again after the meeting because my uni is right near his house. See how easy this is? Alfie apparently drives right near my house every day on his way to and from work. He also leaves his house at the same time I leave mine, so that if I did buy a car and start driving into work, I would probably frickin' pass him going the opposite way.

I need to stop mourning this non-fling, non-relationship, non-friendship, non-affair and get a bit blimmin' kick ass again. Moping is so not my colour. If I ever bump into him, I need not to be looking like a startled deer in the woods or a bunny in the headlights of a big fuck off truck. It would be rather good if I could look like this, but I would settle for looking happy. If I could also look as cute as possible that would be quite nice too!

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

You are way more attractive that that!!

wondy woman said...

PS. Never ever give up - that's what Winston Churchill said and I refer to your dissertation - keep it coming, sunshine, I know you can do it. x x x