Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Balance

I figure, since I've been doing a lot of complaining recently, that I should let you in on how great my boyfriend is for a change. This morning, he got up, made me a cup of tea, nipped to the shops and bought breakfast supplies, woke me up, made me laugh, made me a BLT sandwich to eat and another sandwich for later, put some little chocolates in with my lunch (which I then threw out but still) and waved me off as I left for work. Cute huh?

Plus, whenever he sees the mobile phone advert with the wind up toy of two figures hugging, he says it is us and sings the song to me (let me call you sweetheart.) Well, at me.

Yesterday, he picked me up from work. In the car on the way home we were chatting as normal about various things, and then in a jokey, good natured way he said to me: "I found a piece of paper in the house before with PR (Alfie's initials) wrote on it and then scribbled out." (What am I, 14?) I went, "PR??" in a high pitched, unconvincing voice, and then he said Alfie's first and second name, then "Don't be writing his name, only write mine," in a perfectly pleasant tone. I managed a feeble, "Okay," and then he was normal with me for the rest of the night.

He's either the most understanding man in the world, or I don't know what.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! I heart bf. Hang on to that one.

wondy woman said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

He rocks.