Friday, January 12, 2007

Rehab

As I may have mentioned in passing, it's 'Muffin's birthday at the end of the month. What to get the man in my life who's my friend without harbouring any ulterior motives? The man who writes a wicked Christmas card and serenades me with Golden Girls theme tunes? In short, one of the best friends I have made in recent years or, indeed, ever? I need to get my thinking cap on.

We are hoping to go out on the last Friday of the month. He's inviting some other work people but I will probably meet them a bit later (since I don't work Friday's anymore, bliss!) Then he's staying over at mine, for his sins. We will possibly end up in The Living Room at some point. Apparently he's going to get drunk and take over the piano and I have to drape myself over it in an evening gown and sing I Will Survive. Perhaps the campest plan for a birthday celebration I have heard of but that's why you gotta love the 'Muffin! I'm really looking forward to it.

Of course, preparations for the outfit have already begun and I ordered myself some dresses off Warehouse the other day. I had to return one because I couldn't possibly squeeze my boobs into it but there are two others to choose from so I can start accessorising now. The one I had to return was typically the nicest too. But I suppose life goes on.

Today, I met Dedalus and went over an application form with him. He's applying for a job at my place and we dropped in today to print the form off and say 'hi' to 'Muffin. It was really bizarre being in there with him and introducing the two of them - like two worlds colliding. We had a bit of an awkward conversation over coffee about how his ex had asked him not to talk to me anymore. Apparently she knew he liked me and was threatened by me so he cut off contact because he loved her. He said he still loves her even though they're not together. He's having a difficult time with the break up I think and I'm not sure how to help. I showed him the photographs from the Christmas party and he was asking about Alfie. I'm an absolutely rubbish liar and completely transparent when I try to gloss over things so I think he suspects that I like him. He asked who looked after Puppy while we were away too so I had to tell him he died.

Anyway, we might be going to see The Pursuit of Happyness over the weekend, and I'm hoping to get a bit of studying done tomorrow. The Dedalus thing is really weird and I'm not sure how I feel about being friends with him again to be honest. I appreciate what he said about his ex but I just can't help feeling that he let me down. I don't know why he wants to be friends again or if it's too late to be friends again. It's nice to see him and stuff but, I don't know. Is it real? Am I a distraction of the rebound variety? Am I a doormat? Am I seriously stressing over another guy? Gah.

Tomorrow, no men. Dissertation. (About fucking time!)

No comments: