Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sitting Duck

I had a bit of a WTF moment while flipping through a magazine at work today: turns out that this boy...

...grew up into this boy. Nicholas Hoult from the excellent About a Boy, in which he played the adorable Marcus, is now some sort of sexpot character on raunchy new teen-angst-with-lots-more-sex-thrown-in vehicle Skins. I say it's raunchy but I haven't actually seen it and don't intend to watch it, but it looks like it wants to be raunchy from the adverts. In fact I'd go as far as to say debaucherous if I thought it was an actual word.

I liked him better when he was singing with his eyes closed and Hugh Grant was buying him cool new trainers.

4 comments:

wondy woman said...

I know! But I think he's quite cute though. 12 years younger than me - imagine that! I'd practically be jailed...

Your word verification for this message is: cucfu

A new insult for rude boys?

Chica said...

At least he hasn't disappeared off the face of the Earth I guess. He'll always be Marcus to me though.

"Leave me alone, you're nothing but a cucfu!" Hmmmm, I think it works? :) x

wondy woman said...

Oh it does work! I'm on a mission to find some more of those babies.

"You absolute hziini!" doesn't quite have the same ring but the search will continue...

April said...

He was also in the movie "Weather Man." He looks so different. But yeah, he'll always be Marcus.