Thursday, October 12, 2006

Flirting With Disaster

Since 'Muffin and I have apparently regressed about a decade and are acting like a couple of lovesick teenagers in the first flushes of their first proper crushes (I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!), we have devised a code for talking about the people we fancy at work. 'Muffin's crush is Ford, and my crush is Himself. Hardly one for the Enigma I know but we seem to be able to amuse ourselves for hours using these names and teasing each other. 'Muffin has made it his mission to see if he can make me blush continuously for a whole day, but to be honest, I'm giving him a lot of fodder, as in this exchange earlier today:

'Muffin: I want my Ford!!!
Chica: I want Himself half naked and tied to an office chair, but there we go.

According to 'Muffin, my crush on Himself has put a spring in my step, made me more playful and tactile, and he likes it. Shame Himself is leaving in three weeks and I'll have to go back to my old, gloomy, serious self then!

In accordance with my new, risque persona, 'Muffin and I have put together a flirting agenda. Now, before I even realised that I was annoyingly besotted with Himself, we had all decided to go on a night out at the end of the month, as part of 'Muffin and Crunchie's Mission. Before that happens, 'Muffin is going to drop a few hints to Himself that I have a bit of a soft spot for him. Why, when I have a boyfriend you ask? Good question. I'll get back to you on that!


Obviously the more important question is what the bejesus am I going to wear? A dress more suited to a sixteen year old attending her prom, I hear you shout? You're right (maybe!) For those of you on my Flickr list, see the pics of my niece! Mmmm Hmmm, that's right. Do ya dare me? :P

I can't believe she'll actually lend me it since it cost her a ruddy fortune! And you know, I still might not go there. I mean, it's pretty but it's really very... "hello, here are my breasts." I don't fancy him that frickin much!

I told my sis why I wanted something fab to wear, which is when she volunteered the dress, via text:

Big Sis: Thats terrible ur practically married haha, u go girl! dont b daft it would look lovely and of course Tink wouldnt mind she'd b chuffed. And by the way u dont need a dress to knock his socks off! x

Chica: Think I'd need a stick of dynamite to knock this guys socks off! I know Im practically married, but I'm not dead! :) x

What The Fuck am I doing?!

P.S. If you are popping over to Flickr, you can also see the object of all this idiocy. He's Cravat Man. No, really!

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

I feel like I need a crush too! A real one!

MJ said...

Oh Sweet Jesus. I don't think I can handle you going all Furtado on me.

Girl, you just love trouble.

Stop jumping through hoops. He's obviously noticed you as he has complimented your figure about ten times to Muffin. He just thinks boyfriend = stop sign, bit like you should young lady!

Nah, I'm not gonna lecture you, I enjoy all the drama too much!