Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bunny Girl

Okay so firstly, to all of my friends and readers, and readers who are also friends, I am truly sorry. I know I am testing your patience. I realise that I should probably think of renaming this blog: I've got a crush on a guy and I'm gonna make you all listen to me talk about him until your ears bleed.com, but I think that's already taken. I understand that there are much more important things going on in the world that should occupy my mind, and more significant happenings in your everyday lives. Really, this whole crush scenario is utterly trivial, and it's scandalous of me to be complaining about it's effects while people who could be reading this are going through real actual problems that don't involve trying to turn the head of the office hottie... who just walked past.

Secondly, if you wholeheartedly agree with the above and are thanking the heavens that I've finally come around from a pheromone induced frenzy, then I would kind of avoid scrolling down. Or possibly checking back in any time soon. Because this is another one of those posts.

Yesterday, I launched Operation Bridget Jones. It didn't start terribly well as I overslept and had to rush around like crazy beautifying myself, which I obviously need about four hours to do. During this time, my sister docked with an emotional crisis and I, being a terrible sister, was trying to console her whilst straightening my hair and systematically laddering the tights I had paid a small fortune for the day before. (Actually, this is all sounding rather Bridget isn't it? I'll be sliding down a fireman's pole tomorrow - if I'm lucky!) But finally, I was ready. I had on a tight polo neck jumper, a short pleated skirt with a cute little belt, and heels. MJ gave me a lift to work so not only wasn't I late, but I scored what was to be the only time I had with Himself all day (MJ, I love you!)

When I walked into the Staff Room, it was full of people, so I couldn't look at Himself and see if anything registered, but everyone else practically showered me in compliments, including my boss - which was a big relief because I thought I might get told off for the risque skirt! Studmuffin nearly fell over and said I looked hot, and I swear some people were nice to me who usually don't even bother saying hello! But: nothing from Himself. Not even a flicker. Gutted. Sassy was a godsend because I probably would've buckled under all the attention except she said "Ooh, is this part of your mid life crisis? Oh no, you went to lunch with your friend didn't you - that's why." Phew. Himself went home early. At about half seven (I worked til 9) I changed into jeans.

But, not one to be easily discouraged(!), I woke up this morning more determined than ever and chose a black knee length skirt and a pretty top that highlights my waist and ties at the back in a bow. This morning, Himself walked into the Staff Room as I was applying make up at the mirror and said: "Another skirt, very nice," and watched me put on my mascara! I said, "Thanks, I'm glad somebody noticed," because I couldn't say, "Thanks, I'm glad you noticed." I told him I was acting on Hoggle's advice. Later, Hoggle asked me what the change was in aid of, because I never wear skirts to work since you are always bending over and stretching and standing on kick stools. I told her about the rut and how I was trying to change it in small ways, so I hope she hasn't noticed anything going on.


THEN, we were talking about the big night out at the end of the month and Himself was saying that the girls shouldn't go because Studmuffin will be reserved if we're there. So I pretended to be miffed and said I wasn't going unless Himself asked me nicely. He took me seriously and was like: "Oh no I'm really sorry, I didn't mean it like that." 'Muffin was distraught because he's desperate not to be thrown to the lions and wants us girls there for moral support. I insisted that I brought the wild side out in 'Muffin and could in any man(!) 'Muffin chimed in with a 'yeah, anything with a pulse,' then left us alone. Himself looked at me - with those eyes Wondy! - and said: "I'd love for you to come."

I replied: "I just have."



Okay, you know I so didn't! I mumbled something along the lines of a thank you and appreciating it, and he walked off, then turned round and flashed me a big smile.

*Sigh*

Yep, I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. You may want to cut me off now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!

Also, look pretty for you! You might as well love the way you look. The attention from the menfolk is just the added bonus!

Anonymous said...

Also, where are the pictures woman? You cannot tease us with talk of fab outfits and no proof!

wondy woman said...

He loves you, I know it. "and he walked off, then turned round and flashed me a big smile."?

Wants you!

Ahhhhh double whoop whoop and totally well played to you Chica, you're nothing short of genius.

Chica said...

Well, it is for me too. Like I've made an effort today but not to Bridget Jones lengths, just took time to put jewellery and perfume on, just to make me feel that little bit more glam!

And that's what I'm gonna say if anyone asks!

Wondy, I bloody nearly fell over! He's such a tease! x