Saturday, October 07, 2006

Self Demotion

Here is my second attempt at the witty interesting post. You'd think a second draft would be better but no... Here is the diluted version.

So, gentle readers (vicious ones would already have called me on it), I am well aware that this blog has SUCKED recently (you're all going, 'umm, recently???' right, am I right?) and I'm not sure what to do about it. There are times when I think of something really funny to post or something happens that I want to share but I either never get around to it or it loses something in the telling and I give up. Meh, what you gonna do?

Really I think it's a symptom of things generally for me in my life at the moment. Nothing is wrong; I consider myself very lucky to be where I am and who I'm with right now and really I feel that if you have your health and people to love then you're basically sorted. It's just that it's all getting a bit samey. Friends: I'm in a rut. A career rut, a relationship rut, a social rut, a style rut... there's a whole lot of rutting going on and not the good kind.


My mum is a very wise woman and one of the things she tells the many people who seek her advice is 'if you want things to change, do something different.' You may be thinking 'well duh, wise my arse', but I think some of the best advice is the most simple, and it's not always that easy to realise or to follow.

I also have this really annoying crush and it's not the kind you can indulge in and enjoy as a meaningless distraction to brighten up your day. It's the embarrassing blush every time you speak to him = avoid talking to him as much as possible = he thinks you're a weird social retard = more furious blushing vicious circle kind of crushes. The most annoying thing about it is that I wouldn't even want to go out with him, even if I was single. It's more that I like the idea of a parallel me going out with him and doing the things I'd secretly love to do and acting in a way I never could, if that makes sense. Unhealthy much?

Did I mention this guy would probably interview me if I go for the part time job at work? WHAT a bastard.

So, yeah, my blog pretty much sucks. Read the ones in my sidebar instead!

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

I can identify with those feelings, love - I guess we all get there at some point.

Your blog does not suck though, I love it, I still stop by daily to get my Chica fix. So know that you inspire at least one person.

I hope you work it out soon and feel better. You are a talented writer and a funny girl and that comes through in this page - you'll find your way out of the rutting (he he) and onto the right path for you.

Wondy x

Chica said...

Thanks Wondy babe, you are a real gem! As I said it's nothing that bad, just a general sense of blah. It's nice to know I can always stop by at Wondy central for a pick me up though! x