Monday, February 12, 2007

Just Friends

I've been wallowing in my diva's recently, warbling along to Aretha and Etta and, um, Lily Allen, shamelessly. I am becoming more and more convinced that Amy Winehouse has had a fling with Alfie at some point in her life. Practically every song on Back to Black reminds me of him. Except that one about weed. Maybe I should fashion my hair into a beehive and drink lots and lots of Stella Artois. It seems to have worked for her.

The whole experience left me with the resolution that I would never ever ask a boy out ever again (we're assuming that I am single at some point in my future,) and that I would never advise a girlfriend to make the first move. Until about ten minutes ago, when I asked Mybug to the movies.

In my defence, he asked me first. And I really wanna see Pan's Labyrinth before it disappears from the cinema.

This is platonic, I assure you, in both our cases. But he does have rather a cheering effect on me :) Bring on the fun.

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

I would love to see your take on Amy Winehouse Chic! Have a good one with Mybug, he sounds good for you, girl - yey!

Chica said...

OMG Amy Winehouse Chic - would it be really lame if I did that for the gig? If nothing else, it'd be an excuse to practice my eyeliner! xx