Friday, February 16, 2007

Facked

Lest we forget: Mybug. It was Our Day Out yesterday. We were due to meet at 5:45 outside FACT, to see Pan's Labyrinth. By some fluke of science - or maybe physics in particular, I recall some sort of equation about speed and velocity, but nothing about the number 14 bus - I managed to get there early despite leaving at 5 o'clock, the journey usually taking at least 45 minutes, being in rush hour traffic, having to walk from one side of town to the other in high heeled boots that were certainly not made for walking, and not being entirely sure where FACT was (I was last there August 2004 with Dedalus, for The Bourne Supremacy, and I had to hide from my old pretentious tutor whom I spotted in the bar.)

He managed to turn up a little bit late. And a little bit drunk. He was paint-spattered, which was cute, because he'd been working with kids all day. I went to kiss him hello on the cheek and he grabbed me and kissed me on the mouth. He had a huge cold sore. Not so cute. Remember how much I fancied Alfie and the thing on my lip was basically gone at the Christmas party and I pushed him away when he tried to kiss me because of it? He still believes I rejected him to this day. There is no excuse for wantonly spreading herpes.

The film was really good and he brought sweeties. I'm not a sweeties during the movie type of girl but still, thoughtful. However, he kept grabbing me and trying to hold my hand, he'd put his arm around me or lean on my shoulder, at one point I swear he tried to cop a feel but for my deft manoeuvring, and then he bit my shoulder. I'm just sitting there thinking oh, fuck and waiting for him to read the body language. I don't think he would have done any of that except he'd been drinking. I was thinking it's probably difficult for someone with ADHD to sit through a movie like that?

Spoiler alert: you know the scene where Ofelia's mother is dying and the Captain says to save the baby before saving her? Mybug actually said to me, "If we were in that situation I'd save you." I said; "I'm glad you're not a fascist." He said, "I just love your boobs too much... that was borderline wasn't it?" I said, "No, you're so across the line!"

After the film, we went to the bar where he works, had mojitos, and he introduced me to some people. Then I said I'd have to get my bus, so he walked to the top of Bold Street with me. He asked me to dance in the street, grabbed me, spun me around, whipped me up into his arms, and twirled. Meanwhile, I am like as stiff as a board yelping, "I'll fall!" and "Trust issues!"

Asking him to the movies was such a good idea, non?

Lordy. So I guess I need to speak to him now or not see him again, because he was obviously treating it as a date despite the fact that every second word out of my mouth now is 'boyfriend', the first word being 'my'. There were some funny moments as he is quite witty but it was just far too uncomfortable, I really didn't want to say anything about it at the time but it was not a pleasant experience when he was getting all hands-on in the cinema. To compound matters, I was thinking about Alfie the whole time because 'Muffin bumped into him during a staff visit to his new workplace. I was dying to ask him a million questions despite the fact that I wouldn't get any answers that would satisfy me. He did say he's lost more hair though. It's such a shame for him :P

Tomorrow: Dedalus.

I need more girl friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings hun!

I think you handled the situation perfectly. A true professional.

Luv u!!

'Muffin

PS. thinking of starting one of my own blog things to vent the ramblings of my chaotic life. What do you think?

Chica said...

My little 'Muffin commenting on my blog! Who'd have thunk it?

I think it has to be done. And you should write lots of scandalous things on there so that we're even!

Love you more!!

Anonymous said...

Luv you the most!!!!

'Muffin xx