Wednesday, February 21, 2007

70/30

Today I had a conflab with Mybug on MSN. A happy outcome occurred I think. I told him off a little bit for being all over me when we went out. He objected at first, then when I said I was shocked because he'd never acted like that before, he admitted he'd been 'testing the water.' I asked him what the result had been. He said he got no response so he knew he'd have to leave it. I said: Good, so we don't have to talk about this then? He said no: 70/30 rule, but he had been praying for a response deep down.

The 70/30 rule, I discovered after getting him to elaborate, means that the maximum a guy can come onto a girl is 70%, and for this she has to be giving 30. For girls, it's vice versa. (So I was meant to be doing 30% of the work and somehow getting Alfie to give 70 - yeah, good luck with that, past me!)

So, he was actually exercising some restraint last Thursday! Who knew? After I left him to catch my bus, Mybug stayed out drinking until 9 am. He said he would've invited me to stay out with him but when someone mentions catching their bus three times in conversation, he can take a hint! I was like, what, you want me to be stranded? He said: taxis do exist. Then he invited me to his place to share a bottle of wine. Firmly, not happening, and I told him as much, though I did say we could maybe meet up for an after work drinky. Not sure how smart that would be yet; might give it some time.

I like him though because he appreciates rubbish jokes like this:

Mybug: Shall we be really pretentious and go and have espresso after our foreign language film? Will I get away with it in Reebok Classics?
Chica: Maybe, if you're wearing them ironically.

No comments: