Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Woman's Right to Shoes

A quick mid-match post. Am currently watching Liverpool v. West Ham with Boyf, and am obviously enthralled! But since I am supporting the reds, what better purchase to make today than this!


Hello Lover!
Yes, perhaps they're a bit tacky. And we all know what red shoes denote in a woman according to popular belief. But I say they're gorgeous! They're quite daring for me, so I'll blame the sun that beat down upon me as I shopped on my lunch hour on Thursday. When I got back to work, the girls drooled over them, with Sassy declaring me a "dirty ticket!" They provoked much innuendo to entertain us on our second break, including:
Sassy: What'll you wear them with?
Me: A smile!
Me: I might wear them tomorrow.
Crunchie: Why, are you going out?
Me: No.
Crunchie: No, she's staying in! Nice one!
I'll also blame the sun for the fact that I bought the wrong size. I tried them in a hurry, they were slightly tight, but I thought, ah, these sort of shoes just aren't meant to be comfortable! So, I had to go back and get the next size up today. For some reason, Boyf refused to take them back for me on Friday on his way to pick me up from work? I've not the foggiest why a heterosexual man - a builder, no less! - would balk at the idea of returning a pair of red patent leather stilettos and requesting a bigger size, but there you go! I had planned to take these babies out on the town on Friday night after work, but when they didn't fit, I cancelled all such plans as pointless! Guillermo reacted to this revelation with something like incredulity:
Guillermo: And you were trying to convince me that you could hack an all-nighter?
Chica: I could if I had the right shoes.
Come on you Reds!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Only you could make football about shoes, and that's why I love you!

I'd hide these from Foot Perv if I were you!