Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Enjoyment

By the way, I had such a good long weekend - and spent an absolute bomb! Kaiser Chiefs were brilliant, and Monday I went out and finally bought my bike!

But back to the Chiefs. Oh my goodness. Firstly, the concert was outdoors and after a glorious Saturday it decided to bucket down on Sunday so that all us mugs were left standing out in the rain getting soaked. The show opened at four thirty but we found out that the support acts didn't start until 6 and so we took our time ambling around Leeds (in the rain) and had a couple of drinks (Boyf was driving and was a good boy) before strolling into Millennium Square around 7. The food available in there was disgusting and ridiculously overpriced - we threw ours away. We were getting a bit miserable standing around waiting until finally at nine fifteen the Kaiser Chiefs came on and made it all worth it. We were so close and after tolerating a few pesky tall people who decided to jump up and down in front of short arse me (and a couple of annoying girls with a home made banner affixed to wooden spoons) I managed to find myself a good spot, except that it was next to some footie fans who chanted "Leeds" and "We hate Chelsea" throughout the gig. I especially liked Peanut's clapping :P Oh My God provided a great finale.


When we got home MJ asked us how the concert went. Very eagerly, the Boyf told him all about how we'd found a parking space right next to Millennium Square, and it was free to park on Sundays! He was obviously overwhelmed by the Kaiser Chiefs performance then!

No comments: