Monday, May 08, 2006

Pale & Interesting?

Some vanity themed posts to follow. Forgive me, I know these are like tremendously insignificant but a girl's got to gripe! Firstly, can we just acknowledge the fact that it is coming up to summer and despite the fact that it was lovely and warm last week I was still swathed in jeans and cardigans for work. Had I not had shall we say, an "incident", with a bottle of Johnson's Holiday Skin, then I would have broken out the pretty blouses and maybe even a knee length skirt (but never the open toe sandals - Foot Perv y'see, gotta keep one step ahead of that sucker!)

So, as I was saying, summer is almost here, it's nearly time to get your bits out, and mine are looking decidedly on the wan side. After hearing many good things about such products, I went out and bought some Johnson's in the hopes of getting a lovely natural tan rather than following the shade of satsuma trend that's swept the locality I live in for the past ten years or so. But... I think I may have failed miserably when it comes to application. My 'tan' is a bit, well... patchy. And it smells a bit like lard. Hot, right?

The slightly disastrous effects of my misapplication have more or less faded by now, so I ironed a load of cap sleeved tops and light shirts for work this week - and today, it rained!

4 comments:

wondy woman said...

I'm glad you posted that, I've been toying with the idea of Johnsoning my lily white ass - I think I'll steer clear then - Don't want to end up doing a 'Jodie'. Nice colour for a cup of tea, not for a skin tone!

Chica said...

Yeah, I don't know if it's just me doing it wrong, I can never be bothered faffing about with this sort of thing and get quite impatient!

I read a magazine review of Johnson's and the other brands of tanning body creams though and they concluded that fake tans were just as effective with quicker results...

Failing that, slap on some bronzer! x

Sarah said...

i don't know if you can find this in the UK (i think you can) but get your hands on some vaseline intensive care healthy body glow. it's a body lotion that has SOME tanner in it but not enough to get you streaky. you just apply it every day as you would a normal moisterizer and within 1-2 days you get a nice lovely bronze glow. and as you apply it more, you get alittle darker. never orange,though. it is great stuff!

Chica said...

Hmmm, so my quest continues! I'll keep my eye out for that one. Thanks very much! :) x