Friday, May 19, 2006

Through the Looking Glass

Last night saw Big Brother's opening extravaganza, and we settled down to enjoy the older sibling of trashy TV in eager anticipation.

Well, what can I say? I, like Wondy, found myself tiring of the old "pick me cos I'm just so unbelievably crazy and like, mad" routine. Particularly Bonnie's "I'm everything and... Everything." How articulate! I just can't believe you can get on the show by saying stuff like that. I realise that "Bonner" might have hidden depths and startle us by being the best character ever for BB, since you can't really tell much about a person from those taped auditions they show. But I found myself praying for at least one normal person to go in. I'm already hoping the Golden Ticket winner will just be an Average Joe or Josephine. As for Mikey - why oh why does the bloke have to be scouse! Talk about letting the side down.

Here are my initial reactions to some of the
housemates:

Pete: I predict that he will turn out to be the sanest person in the house and maddeningly endearing. This is based solely on an exchange between him and a couple of the girls I saw in
which he said he just wanted to get into his jim jams.

Nikki: Jimmy Krankie double. Jimmy Krankie in bunny ears no less *shudder* And 24?? Shit! Do I look that old?!

Lea: What has the woman done to herself? She looks about twice her age. I didn't think she deserved all the booing though.

Shahbaz: I just want to say his name over and over again. How brilliant! Loved his reactions to the other housemates, however his repetition of "look at you!" in high pitched Glasweigan tones at all the girls teetered on boring after about twenty minutes, so if that's anything to go by he could be very annoying. Plus, he's a total spaghetti arms - space invader much?

George: Interesting to see how he copes/integrates with the group as he was a bit standoffish. Seemed as though he was looking down his nose at everyone, though I could be jumping to conclusions because he's so posh.

Bonnie: Everything and everything. Bought her entrance outfit off Bianca's old store in Albert Square. Rockin' it Vicky Pollard stylee.

Sezer: Should be renamed Mr. Dog... only very committed Eddie Izzard fans will get that... But did provide my highlight of the night when Davina said if he was an animal he'd be a tiger, rare, powerful, etc. Boyf responded: "I'll say he'd be rare if he was a tiger, he'd be bald, he shaves his f*cking arse!"
Glyn: Oh deary deary deary me. Put it all away sunshine. Another shining moment was when he confided that he didn't think people at school liked him. Why? Because they threw rocks at him. Quite a clue.
Dawn: The scary one who doesn't like people because they're all bastards. Worryingly, she was the one I liked most from her audition tape. Then she had to go and spoil it by saying she'd like to be reincarnated as Hitler.
Mikey: Very likely a tosser.
I can't wait for tonight's installment!

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

I'm lovin' BB this year! So glad you like it as much!!