Thursday, May 04, 2006

Summer Breeze

Today I am missing the most gorgeous summer day because I am stuck in work until nine and I'm gutted! I listened to my mp3 on the bus on the way to work - why is it that music sounds better when it's sunny? I wish I was out on my bike. I am also stuck here with the Foot Perv and the new guy, who seems really nice but he's been shadowing me for the past two days and I'm going to run out of stuff to talk to him about soon! Foot Perv is breaking out one of his trying to be funny routines right now in the staff room, and everyone is uncomfortably looking at the floor. It's going to be a loooooong night.

Yesterday was glorious as I took my bike out for the first time. We went through the woods over to the park and it was so pretty there in the sunshine. There weren't even that many hoodies hanging out making a nuisance of themselves, and only one guy racing around scaring small children on a quad - score! I also wore my new pumps :P

The observant among you will notice that today is not Tuesday and therefore I am not contractually obliged to be here, stuck indoors in a library when summer is happening in the streets of Liverpool. However, in a stroke of kindness I offered to cover Rarebit's late and look where it's got me!

Hope ya'll are enjoying the sunshine while I keep these dusty books company *sob*

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

Don't worry honey - I was stuck in until 8 PM - so I didn't get to enjoy the sun either!!