Friday, May 12, 2006

Chica Makes Boys Cry

Act Three, in which Chica is an evil wench, and Mr. Mybug is a sweetheart. (This is such a badly written post, but this stuff is all still a jumble in my little brain, forgive me!) After my last post, I partook in this spate of texting with Mybug.

Him: Hey didnt know you had a bf so feel a bit of a goof x apologies in advance for bright red face next time i see you

Me: no worries hun, didnt wanna say over phone, was gonna tell u face to face, thought u knew til yest. did Lila say? sorry luv! if was single u know i would! x


Him: Might jus have to turn gay and look for a guy - not sure if funny attractive single girls arent just a modern day myth X

Like my oh-so-casual tone there? I got the full story the next day from Lila. It transpires that, as I suspected, she saved me from having to tell Mybug about Boyf. While chatting with her, he said, "Chica said to say hi," which prompted lots of questions from Lila and she started teasing him asking what was going on, culminating in her joking: "She's a married woman you know!"

According to Lila, his face fell, his eyes filled up with tears! "Really?" he asked. She said she thought he knew, and that she didn't realise he liked me. He put his head on her shoulder and said "Oh no, I'm going to cry," made his excuses and left!

...Gobsmacked! As was Lila, who didn't know anything about the Mybug stuff and so was totally freaked out. This all came out on Thursday after I asked Elspeth if she'd spoken to Mybug about it and then Lila came over and spilled the beans. Soon Studmuffin's ears pricked up, sensing gossip, and he ran over to get the gory details too.


I was therefore quite worried about seeing him tonight when he came in at 5. This must have been quite apparent on my face because all the girls kept asking me whether I'd seen him. Unfortunately, I was on reception so he'd have to walk right past me and I was constantly on pins from 4 o'clock. I typed this to Guillermo on MSN and in the same instant the phone rang. One of the other shelvers was on the line asking for me and wondering if Mybug had turned up yet!

He eventually turned up late, but luckily I was lingering with Studmuffin. I tried a casual "Hello luv," then asked to have a quick word with him. I began my little pre-prepared speech but started laughing and had to admit to being embarrassed. He said, "If it helps, I'm drunk," then I looked at him properly and realised that he totally was! Puffy face, red-rimmed eyes. I just said that I hoped there were no hard feelings and that we could still have a chat and a laugh and he said of course, but then went into this strange nervous little ramble about not being a stress-head.

I thought 'Oh well, I've done my best' and that was that. I really wanted to be able to stay on good terms with him because he's leaving next week and I didn't want to end things on a bad note, but you can't always control these things. I left feeling slightly dejected but with an overriding sense of stoic resignation.

Then, at about eight o'clock I checked my phone and had another surprising message from Mybug.

Him: Aww dont be nervous about lil ol me. I liked talking to you an think your dead pretty. Promise im not a psycho stalker x an if u ever wanna banter over a cup of tea youve got my number

...Is it just me or has that turned out rather well?!


I am so tempting fate right there.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on the smooth landing there. All in all, it went quite well. Also, what a Goddess you are to be so well worshipped by not one but TWO men. How fab you are!

Chica said...

Thanks Heather, I am so relieved! I'm thinking Mybug's crush will be very short lived.

I love the cute title of your blog! x

MJ said...

OMG - Mr. Mybug is so... something. I want to take him to one side and give him brotherly advice.

You like tea! He likes tea! It could be the start of something beautiful!

THREE men who worship you, please, at least!