Thursday, May 25, 2006

She's Gotta Have It

Tomorrow is Elspeth's leaving do, and if ever I encountered a marvelous excuse to fritter away money on a new outfit that is it. I decided that, since I am stuck in work while the shops are open, I'd order some stuff online, and merrily tapped my way through the aisles of Miss Selfridge, Topshop, and River Island looking for something suitable.

Well the only thing I could find was a rather nice green stripey top from RI, with a string of pearls and butterfly brooch attached, so I ordered that to wear with jeans, and, while I was there, ordered a gorgeous black strapless puffball dress with a cream ribbon sash, and an acid yellow handbag.

Then I thought, hmmm, I could really do with some skinny jeans to pair with that top, then maybe I could wear my boots? So I had a look on Topshop and found some skinny jeans I had tried on in the past and ummed and ahhhed over so long I gave up and put them back on the rail, and I bought them. I also checked out Miss Selfridge, because if you buy from Topshop or Miss S they combine the order so you only have to pay postage once - little tip that - and I picked out a red polka dot top. Great, I thought. I even paid extra for 48 hour delivery so I'd have them (I thought) optimistically by Thursday, and at least by Friday.

However, I didn't bank on the fact that if you order after noon you may as well add another day to that delivery estimate, which would take me to Friday/Saturday, oh and they don't usually deliver on weekends, then there's the bank holiday, so I probably won't have them until Tuesday! So, I spent about £150 and I still have nothing to wear tomorrow!

Really, I need to try and leg it around the shops after work don't I? Overspending isn't so bad if it's an emergency...

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

How wonderful! I love hearing about your purchases, makes me all happy inside as I can never afford to shop for myself! Go Chica!

Chica said...

Yes but I'm meant to be saving up to buy a house! *giggle*

NOT going well... x