Sunday, January 29, 2006

Gung hay fat choy!

It's the year of the dog, bitches! My time has come! muahahahahaha! ...ahem. And since it is the year of the dog, we decided to forego the promise of amazing celebrations in China town (dancing dragons, a river of red confetti, and Tai Chi demonstrations galore!) and take Puppy for a day out to Wales! First, we had a lovely breakfast of croissants and hot chocolate, and it was utterly delish! Puppy is now snoozing happily; covering me in muddy footprints really seems to bring him a sense of peace and contentment.

Last night we were meant to go to Jojo's house party, but we tried to squeeze in a quick bite at the Mexican first and were told there was an hour wait for a table when we arrived, so that was that out of the window. I'll have to get her a nice pressie to make up for it! I wore my new boots, waistcoat, and tan coloured jacket my mum got me and felt rather smart if I do say so myself! Boyf had the national dish of Mexico, Chicken Mole, created in 1620 by nuns apparently. This small fact coupled with the spicy effects it had on poor Boyfy has inspired me to rename it the Holy Moly! I had a gourmet burger, which despite being covered with sauteed onions, mushrooms, mozzarella and soured cream, was surprisingly bland. The restaurant has a lovely ambience though and the starters were gorgeous, I had halloumi fingers in a red onion chutney - yum!


God I am really making myself hungry! Peking duck tonight methinks.

Quack.

No comments: