Friday, January 13, 2006

Anti Climax

So, it was the Lost finale the other night. I'd missed the show before so I didn't see them launch the raft and get the warning about the black smoke or owt, gutted! I managed to get really into it just before the series finished! Typical. Channel 4 showed a funny announcement about how they, like us, are disappointed with the end of Lost and that, like us, they want to know what the eff is going on, so they're gonna show the second series in the Spring. I stayed up past my bed time to watch the double episode on Wednesday because I knew that the next day at work somebody would be bound to spoil the end (the next day I walked past Potter and Lila and heard "did Sawyer get shot?!" so it's a good job I did.) But anyway. The Walt bit was a good twist and they found a long ladder, ooh! The guy who was showing them how to handle dynamite was so funny until he exploded. I love it when a show takes the piss out of itself like that.

I am so glad it's Friday because it's been a bitch getting used to the back-to-work routine. We have meetings Friday mornings, and this morning after we had all settled down the boss looked up at me and, quite unexpectedly, said: "[My real name], you can take the minutes, get your note pad." We have never taken minutes at meetings before. Furthermore, I don't have a notepad. But anyway, after a look of shock rippled around the room - really, we live such bloody sheltered lives that that can surprise us so much - I pilfered some paper and scribbled down everything everyone said, and now I have to like, write a staff bulletin. Wednesday was something new too cos I got sent to work in a different building with Lila and Elspeth, which felt a lot like going on a school trip or getting sent to another class cos you've been naughty! I think we all must have regressed or something because we tried to crank call the building we usually work at but the phones were broken, and we kept getting the giggles. Plus we were all wearing really similar coats so we looked like a posse walking through town, for shame. Then Boyf had absolutely no idea where to pick me up from so I had to wander around in the dark looking for the Jeep, which I walked straight past and we didn't see each other. And to add insult to injury I'd left my trifle in the fridge at our normal workplace, and when I got home MJ said he'd wanted it so I had to bring it home for him the next day! How unfair!

Laters.

No comments: