Thursday, January 12, 2006

Fresh

Here it is, Meme Numero Dos. Thanks Wondy, I'm finding these a bit addictive!


1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was thirteen years old, or nearly fourteen as I remember telling people. I was at a school I hated, and I think I had a crush on this tall, dark guy; we used to buy each other little presents, he bought me an enormous lollipop one time. I started writing a novel that is still incomplete, but which I worked on quite slavishly for a good while in my teens. I loved Take That, festooned my walls with posters of them, and expected to grow up and marry Mark Owen. I hung around with three other girls, and we attended not one but two PJ & Duncan concerts together. I occasionally see a couple of them in the street but never say much to them beyond hello.


2. What were you doing a year ago?
A year ago... I was working on my dissertation trying to get it in for the February deadline (um, yes, the dissertation I'm still writing!) Deciding to start up a blog but not writing anything on it. Staying up all night on MSN with Guillermo. And filling out endless job application forms. The only difference now really is that I'm stuck in a 9-5 job while trying to juggle all the rest of it.



3. What are 5 of your favourite snacks?
I'm good when I'm at work and snack on fruit or yoghurt, but for Christmas I got a box of Toffifees (luv 'em!) and I like Doritos when slumping in front of a DVD. Oooh, and chocolate hobnobs for dunking into a cup of tea!


4. What songs do you know all the words to?
Never Ever - All Saints, due to a rather tragic Boxing Day karaoke many years ago
Lots of stuff by The Beatles, particularly from the White Album and Abbey Road
Destiny's Child - Bootilicious
Cry Me a River - Julie London
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme tune


5. 5 things you would do if you had money
Buy a nice little house in Cornwall by the sea
Make sure my folks, sisters and nieces were sorted for cash
Buy properties across Europe to renovate and a camper van to travel between them all :)
Quit my job and spend all my time writing
Give more to charidee... no I'm not just being corny, if I was I would've put it first! :P


6. 5 bad habits
I worry far too much
Procrastination
Empyting the entire content of my warddrobe when attempting to dress for a night out and leaving it all over the floor
Flirting with boys I shouldn't
Starting books and then not finishing them, something that would've driven me mad before the days of speed reading 3 novels I had no interest in within 3 days for classes


7. 5 things I love to do
Spend quality time with my nearest and dearest
Shop for clothes
Watch movies
Write my blog/read others'
Eat gorgeous food in nice restaurants!


8. 5 things I would never get new, buy new or wear again
Hair scrunchies - the worst
Leggings or footless tights - why they were revived I shall never know
Flared or baggy trousers - look absolutely ridiculous on me
Leopard print anything
Fur - perhaps the only thing I admire Jodie Marsh for is having a go at Pete Burns for his disgusting monkey coat on
Celebrity Big Brother


9) 5 favourite toys
Okay, this Christmas I was like a ten year old with the presents I got; they even included a gorgeous dolls house that my boyfriend got me because my dad had always promised to build me one when I was growing up, so that has to be one.
My pink Nintendo DS!
My laptop, don't know how I ever lived without the thing!
Board games
I'm struggling to think of a last one, but I had lots of fun with this outfit! :P


I'm also meant to do five tags, but you know the score whoever wants to play. (David, you could resurrect your blog with these, you got a fan asking you to come back!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re: my dead blog.
I saw that. I sort of almost know her too.

-David