Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Parlez vous Meme?

A few lightyears ago, like before Christmas, I was tagged by Wondy. I have finally got around to finishing the first one, and am still working on the second!

Meme 1: Tell 5 random things about yourself that nobody else knows.

I have very few secrets, so this lot is the best I can do! At least some people will know all about these, but a couple of them may come as a surprise!

1. Escapism.
I want to run away and live by the sea in Cornwall, where I will eat pasties and ice cream and drink nothing but Scrumpy! :P I love the sea, even though I can't swim, and the thought of living there is so appealing right now. I could take Puppy for walks on the beach and get away from the craziness for a bit. Me and the Boyf could have a lovely little house together, it'd be perfect!

2. I like boys I do.
All my closest friends have been boys. When I was growing up my cousin Judas was one of my best friends. We spent absolutely hours together, climbing trees, sliding down mud banks on our bums, and... playing Barbie! Yeah, I'm outing the sucker! Judas is a Barbie lover! Revenge!!! ...Ahem, where was I? Oh yeah, then of course MJ is like the most amazing friend I ever had (and not just because he reads this blog, no sir!) At uni there was Dedalus; our friendship provoked all these rumours that we were having some passionate affair (note passing in class, trips to the cinema just the two of us, him breaking up with his gf) and to be honest we did teeter into weird territory for a while - he started doing this thing where he held out all these intense gazes and stuff, and there was a time it felt like he was my boyfriend. This is why being mates with straight boys gets complicated. I am not forgetting the lovely Guillermo, my new found Take That comrade! (Hehe, only kidding.) David, who sent me bouquets of red roses on birthdays and Valentines past when I didn't have a boyfriend. And at work the person I feel like I get on with the most is, surprise surprise, Potter, while all the women send me into a paranoid frenzy of "do they like me? what did that look mean? does she hate my guts? were they just laughing about me? I hate this place, I want to move away and join a kibbutz!" It's not that I don't have female friends, but girls are generally harder to work out. Like the prophet Lindsay Lohan says, in girl world, everything has to be sneaky. See also, postcard.

3. I'm a one-man girl.
I've only ever slept with one man. This is something I'm happy about, and the thought of sleeping with anyone else just seems so wrong. If I became single again, this would really worry me, though I know if I met the right person it probably wouldn't seem like such a big deal. It's not that I think it's wrong or bad to have numerous sexual partners or whatever; I just know it's not for me, and think myself very lucky to have met the Boyf and had my first time with someone who truly loved me.

4. I crave the freedom to write.
My job is totally zapping my free time and I hate the restrictions it's put on my life. I have hardly any time to work on my dissertation, never mind my novel, and I really miss it. I'd love to be able to jack it all in and just go for broke with my writing. But I know that's just too much of a gamble; I need money to live and unfortunately, working on my novel is not a very lucrative business. My biggest pipe dream is to be published someday... Or, I'd quite like to be Zadie Smith. Have I mentioned this before?

5. My lovely lady lumps - check 'em out!
I've gone up a bra size, but I haven't been shopping yet and I got lots of underwear for Christmas. Consequently, all my bras are too small!

Now, I don't understand this bit.. I have to take the name off the bottom of the list and put mine at the top? Was that it?

Chica
Wondy
Shelli
Mel
the rain queen(poody)


Meme 2: Coming Soon!

No comments: