Friday, July 29, 2005

Ahhhhh, smells like Friday

Overheard in work today:

Q: Are you going to So-and-so's party?

A: I can't, I've got to go to Baghdad.

I spent some time with Weezer today, who felt exactly the same way as me about the Staff Room and she's been there three years, so hoorah, it's not just me. While we were on the counter two blokes came to return books and one hurriedly declared: "My friend said you are both very pretty." And he didn't even have fines to bribe his way out of! I liked the way he hedged his bets there too.

So, this weekend, this fabulous, marvellous, miraculous couple of days when I am not a wage slave, I am free to shop. Granted, I am mostly buying work clothes but I'm sure I will still find some pleasure in the task :) I'm also after shoes and a watch. I'm supposed to be squeezing some work on my dissertation in too. I so can't be arsed with it but I really have to now, it's getting very close to the wire. I have a few days off to book so hopefully I can spend them on it; then it can finally be out of the way and I can be liberated from pondering symbolic cannibalism and panopticism forever!

1 comment:

Shannah Trailor said...

I was glad to see your make poverty history banner.Investing is very important. The most important thing you can invest in is people. Please visit me at preparing4change.blogspot.com to invest in ending starvation in Niger or search the best way for you to help humanity. There are people who will starve, and people who can help. We are all connected whether we want to be or not. Thank you.