Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Foot in Mouth Disease*

On my way home from work today I bumped into a girl I was friends with once upon a time but haven't spoken to for ages. She recently had a baby and had lots of complications and problems afterwards because the people who dealt with her at the hospital were morons. Anyway, we're really only on 'Hello' terms now because it's been so long since we had a conversation. But I asked her how she was and she showed me her baby - I'm rubbish with babies, I was just like "Aw...... isn't he lovely." (Think Hugh Grant in About A Boy - love that film!) Then I made a bit of a faux pas. She was like, "What about you, are you going to have any of these soon?" And I went, "Nah, don't wish that on me!"

Tactless, moi?

*The heading of this post would probably turn 'Foot Man' on quite a lot. One of the young guys who is helping with the stock move at work heard about my encounter with Foot Man, so today he was just like "Ooh, your feet are looking good!" Really I think I should've been told about Foot Man and someone I shall refer to only as Trump before I applied for the job.

Had an interesting conversation with Jojo and Weezer about what cosmetic surgery we'd have if new painless procedures were invented overnight and money wasn't an issue. It's funny because some people have complexes about things that nobody else would notice, like Jojo wanted to have her ears pinned back but she has totally normal sized ears. I was let loose on the phones today and at lunch I snuck out of the Staff Room to indulge my sickening new habit. Yes, now that I am working full time I can afford to fund my recently developed addiction - chocolate and vanilla cupcakes.

Yesterday I went for tea at JR's with the boyfriend after work but today it was the horrible ride home on the bus and now I'm exhausted. My only plans for later involve washing my hair, making my sandwiches, and watching Big Brother. My favourite line last week came from Craig who was having a hissy fit after Anthony had asked him to remove his hand from his upper thigh: "I put my hand there AS A FRIEND!" Classic.

No comments: