Monday, July 04, 2005

Na, Na, Na, Na-Na-Na-Na!

So much to talk about, and if there's one thing I've learned from my essays, it's that I suck at structuring. This is gonna be a garbled mess! I HAVE to start with the Live 8 business we listened to in the car for over four hours on the way home from Portsmouth. We had Radio One on, and even though we couldn't see the spectacle, the DJs were really excited, the sets were amazing, and it was all tres infectious. We just got off the ferry too late to hear Paul McCartney and U2. I love the Beatles and have been to see Macca in Liverpool, and am rather partial to a bit of Bono, ho hum! So I was sorry to have missed it. When we got home I was warmly greeted by Puppy, who I missed terribly, and we opened some red wine for my aunt who had been babysitting him for us. She filled us in on all the goss of the past two weeks, so we missed Scissor Sisters and Madonna. I have since learned from Guillermo that I also missed Will Smith bringing Jazzy Jeff on in Philadelphia and doing Summertime and The Fresh Prince theme. Gutted! Eventually, we got to see a bit of the concert on TV and the boyf was rather emotional about Pink Floyd playing together and Macca wrapped things up in style with a Beatles medley. Did anyone check out his drummer? I love that guy, he's brilliant! Then they showed some of the Philly concert but we gave up just before two since we'd been travelling from six that morning and were pretty well zonked. Boyf had also had one glarse of red wine too many.

Today, I have to call my place of work to arrange taking my passport in to prove I'm a British Citizen and don't need any special forms to work there. Yes, people, I got the job! Preliminarily (I don't think that's really a word, but nevermind) at least, if my references check out. I'm slightly worried about one reference as my old boss is quite unreliable when it comes to such things. If he's in a bad mood, I'm fucked. The interview could have gone better but I was reasonably pleased since I don't have a lot of interview experience and I managed to make them laugh a couple of times and saw one of them write 'Good' in their notes. The people there seemed quite friendly and I got chatted up while I waited to interview in a non-pervy way, which can be a good confidence boost. They called me that same night and said that I had it, which I was astounded at as I thought they'd make me wait ages. Since then though, I've been in France so I need to get things moving again. I hope it all goes smoothly as I really want those boots I mentioned and have already started concocting work outfits!

Anyway, the last two weeks for me has gone by in a heartbeat it seems, but I'm way behind with everyone's news! (Not to mention the fact that I missed three Big Brother evictions and am now left clueless as to why people don't like Saskia anymore. What happened??) I caught up with Guillermo a bit last night by talking into the wee small hours and had a couple of chats with my big sister. At some point, I'll update the blog with holiday tales, but I feel like I have everything to do at once at the mo. I arrived home to a letter from my tutor containing some marked work. I haven't even bothered to read it properly yet. Someone slap my wrists! I've forgotten how to end these things. A chorus of Hey Jude usually seems to do the trick.

No comments: