Thursday, July 28, 2005

Feeding Time at the Zoo

I feel weird posting in a public place, it's almost indecent! Okay so I've had some more bits of training today. Yesterday, I managed to single handedly break - and repair - the binding machine! Snaps for me. Foot Man AKA 'Toes' is off today, thankfully. He means well but he always wants to know what I'm doing even when I am clearly skiving off :P I have just been brushing my hair in the loos, which have very flattering and therefore dangerously deceptive mirrors, and some strange woman came in chatting away and singing whimsical tunes to herself. It takes all sorts I suppose.

I'm not really digging the Staff Room at the mo. It's a bit drab and depressing in there. I hung out in the student area instead the other day (I work for a university) but the young guy I mentioned in a previous post, who shall henceforth be known as 70s (because he looks like a 70s janitor in the uniform he voluntarily wears) decided to come and make small talk. Well, I should say dirty talk. I think he likes to say shocking things to gauge peoples reactions. I know lots of builders; his efforts were lost on me, except I'd rather not eat around him again for fear of losing my lunch. He was joined by a couple of other students, and maybe it's just me, but I probably wouldn't describe someone as being 'as useful as a used condom' and then break into jokes about 'shagging two birds with one johnny' around someone I'd just met? Maybe I'm old fashioned.

Must get back to work now, but just thought I'd leave you with this comment from one of my co-workers: "Isn't it funny that erm... [my real name] came back." Encouraging!

No comments: