Sunday, July 17, 2005

Holy straightening irons, Batman!

Okay, I thought I'd dash a post off even though I should be getting ready to go into town and I still have to straighten my hair, which takes me forever.

Thursday, I went to see Batman Begins. Everyone kept raving about how it's the best film they've seen for ages and way better than the other Batman movies, so I thought I'd give it a try, and was quite entertained by it apart from the really dull beginning part where it was verging on the Matrix with the whole training to be a super human warrior schtick *snore* Apart from that it was quite good and the psychiatrist was a more interesting character than villains generally are, except he reminded me of Billy from Neighbours and I kept wondering where I knew him from. Solved that with the help of IMDb - he was in Girl with a Pearl Earring. Christian Bale makes a good Batman and Michael Caine got a few laughs. Hold on, was the psychiatrist called Dr. Crane, as in Frasier?! Imagining him as Niles Crane is kind of taking the edge off the darkness. Um, Billy from Neighbours was a notoriously dark character of course :P

What a shit movie reviewer I'd make!

Also, went to town yesterday to work out the route I have to take to work tomorrow since I have to go to personnel on the other side of town to fill forms in and stuff first. Stopped at a couple of shops and picked up a new shirt and two black skirts, some underwear, and a months bus pass which cost me £44! All this spending, imagine how I'll be when I've actually got money to spare. On the bus to town yesterday I eavesdropped on a really funny old couple who had just been to a wedding and spent the entire journey slagging the whole affair off. Sample Quote: "I didn't like those bridesmaids... actually, I didn't care for the bride either." Turns out they were bitter as they weren't invited back for gin and tonics in the garden and nobody even offered them a lift there or back! I wouldn't bother going if there's a second marriage if I were them.

So, I'm starting work tomorrow and it's fair to say I am cacking it. I've got all kinds to sort out still so it's probably not helping that I'm sitting here with kinky hair and a cup of tea. I'm going to get ready now and go back into town with boyfriend, who thinks I should pick out another shirt. He wants to buy Echoes and the Kaiser Chiefs album, and that's his way of getting me to go with him, like I need an excuse to shop. I think a Nandos is called for, in celebration of the last thing I'll be able to eat before I'm too nervous and have iron butterflies occupying my stomach.

No comments: