Friday, July 29, 2005

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash...

Another beautiful summers day - I came to work in my pink coat carrying an umbrella! What happened to July up North? Anyway. I've just had a rubbish lunch cos I couldn't be bothered making anything yummy last night. I think I'm gonna start treating myself to lunch out once a week, when I get used to having money! It's very strange. I ordered some tops off Warehouse this week and when they arrived I went and looked at some more, but it just felt wrong to buy more, even though I could afford it, I was like, no, surely not!

There's this bloke at work today (and yesterday, come to think) that I haven't met yet and he's such a funky looking geezer. I think I'll call him Gizmo, in honour of his hairdo. He works in a different area to me so I haven't had much occasion to talk to him yet. But I'm quite impressed so far (she said, tentatively) with the calibre of people I get to work with. Most of them seem really friendly, despite the odd weirdo (eg Toes.) Some of the office gossip is also starting to creep out. It's really interesting hearing it while you're still an outsider. I always form my own opinions and take people as I find them, but sometimes it's surprising to find out about certain vendettas and grudges you wouldn't have guessed at.

Had to wait around a bit this morning because the day started late for one reason and another, so I went blog surfing and found some very entertaining reads. I'd link to them but I don't know the etiquette, is it rude to link to peoples blogs without asking? Anyway they kept me sane this morning. Now I know the true value of a good blog.

Went for tea last night at the pub. The staff at the bar there aren't allowed to take tips anymore, how odd! I hope they got a pay rise or something to compensate, as I remember relying on tips to beef out my paypacket when I was waitressing. Also watched Big Brother - Craig needs to get a grip (and not of Anthony for a change!) He was quite violent with him I thought? A restraining order may be necessary there. It was all a bit reminiscent of Misery.

My break is almost over so I just want to shout out to Guillermo, who is applying for a really cool job. Good luck!

No comments: