Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Get Over It

It's been almost three months. It was a blip on the radar, a drop in the ocean, an abortive, clumsy, hopeless, going-nowhere, hardly happened, flirtation. Rhetorical question: when will I stop thinking about him?


Seriously. When I saw him last month, it was like he wasn't even the same guy I fell for. I didn't even want him around. That's probably because of the giant slap in the face that was the I-don't-want-a-girlfriend-except-for-the-girl-I-met-about-five-minutes-after-our-first-date-which-you-will-find-out-about-from-'Muffin-in-about-a-month-and-a-half's-time debacle. And yet he's still here, in my head, in my dreams, the subject of every song I hear, the body I long for every time I see a couple in love. Why, why, why, when he makes me feel like I could never be good enough, that it was preposterous for me to even think I could possibly have him?

Why do I still want him so much?

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

Oh babe. I am sorry, I don't know what to say except for sometimes they just get under our skin and nestle there and there is no reason good enough for it.

Do you think talking to him direct might help - 'cos it seems like you never really got closure - maybe you need to let rip on him and tell him what you really think of him?

Hmmm. I'm crap at these things but know I am here x x

Chica said...

Thanks hun, you've always been there and I don't know what I'd have done without you - be an even bigger crank probably!

I'm okay - I just wanna be over him, already! Or you know, have him fall completely under my spell, one of the two...

x x