Friday, March 02, 2007

Fastest Fingers First

I set my alarm clock this morning so that I could get up and buy myself some beautiful, enchanted, mesmerising Take That tickets. I loaded up the ticket website, tried to log in before the tickets went On Sale at 9, to no avail. Bitch kept crashing. I'd completely forgotten my password, so I wanted to sign in early so that I could change it. No such luck. Should've done it last night like any reasonable person with half a functioning brain would have done. But no. Tried to buy tickets from 9 o'clock onwards. At 25 past, it finally let me through to the booking page, and I had there on the screen in front of me, two reserved tickets, for Block B.

Block B! I could have smelled Jason Orange's sweat from there. So, I gets to the log in page and ask them to reset my password, typing frantically. By the time I'd entered in the new 30 digit long (exaggerating) mess of numbers and letters they'd assigned me, my 60 second allowance period was up and the tickets were released. Released, from my sweaty little clutches!

Motherfucker.

I tried for a further two hours and it just kept crashing. The closest I got was the search page, which I sat and watched for about half an hour, before it crashed at a mocking 5 minutes to go. Then I gave up, because I had to go and meet my friend and give her some interview advice, because she's applying for a university library job.
I consoled myself with the idea that maybe they'd add more dates and I could be more armed and ready for the next ticket sale. This was not to be. In the time it took for me to walk up to the top of the street and back, have a quick chat with my friend, which took less than an hour, more dates were announced, tickets went on sale, and virtually sold out. I'm trying alternative ticket sites now for the few that seem to be left (the other ticket site have stopped selling them.) They're still crashing.
Woe is me. I'm never going to get such a good chance to smell Jason Orange's sweat again.

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

I think I can smell his sweat from here actually...