Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Chronic Academy

For charity in this great country, we have developed a tradition of watching celebrities make tits of themselves on the telly in order to wring money out of us, the viewing public, usually in the form of telephone voting. For Comic Relief does Fame Academy, this involves murderous renditions of some of our most beloved musical masterpieces.

And I love it. Sometimes, it's so bad, that I have to turn the channel over and watch a couple of adverts because I'm afraid I'll cringe so hard I'll turn myself inside out. It must take some courage to get up there when you know you've got a voice that sounds like Cyndi Lauper got stuck in a blender. With a litter of kittens. It's all for an amazing cause, so good on them! I'm hoping I never actually turn inside out though...

This year, I'm backing: for the boys, Tim Vine.

09011 32 30 12

Brilliant. And also, looks a bit like my dad.

For the girls, Mel Giedroyc.

09011 32 30 11

Equally hilarious, and I've always had a soft spot for Mel & Sue. I even managed to spell her name right without googling it.

But the real talking point of the night for me has to be: what eejit let Angellica Bell go braless in that dress for that performance? This is a family show, yes?

P.S. See what I did with the title? I could so be a tabloid hack, yo.

Or, as it came out in my head when I proof read this post (yeah, you bet your ass I proof read!) 'tabloid yack, ho.' Now there's a new one for the old passport.

5 comments:

wondy woman said...

Ha! I watched that and thought the same, I nearly lost an eye with some of those moves! She absolutely murdered BTDYK too, Kylie must be furious.

I am backing Mel too - and Colin for the boys. Rarrr.

Anonymous said...

'tabloid yack, ho.'

THAT might have been the funniest thing ever.

Chica said...

Colin IS kind of sexy, but Tim is definitely my lucky number. Ange should be more careful, she's a kids tv presenter!

Thanks Heather, I aim to please! I feel it lacks a picture of a yak in a mackintosh, and maybe one of those hats with the little 'press' tickets in ;) x

wondy woman said...

Ps. I forgot to say - I love TPT so want her to win, did you just hear her heart rending redition of Jolene? Cried.

Chica said...

Aw bless her, I thought she was quite good and even managed to stand still! x